New Business Manager - Part Time & Flexible Working Available
New Business Manager wanted for a leading strategic design and innovation consultancy, specialising in the Sports, Tech, Leisure and Retail sectors.
This is a part-time role with the possibility of some remote working, depending on candidate's experience.
The aim of the role
- grow the agency’s reputation and client base
- ensure a robust pipeline of opportunity
Part of a nimble client servicing/development team, the candidate will report into the Strategy and Development Director.
Role and responsibilities
1. STRATEGY AND RESEARCH
Success relies on developing a thorough understanding of the agency’s offer to enable the right conversations with prospects and to spot and develop opportunities within the client’s organisation.
- You will identify sectors and type of organisations that represent ideal prospects in terms of speed to convert and also strategic desirability.
- Working with 20.20’s business directors and client services team to prioritise sectors and potential client organisations – defining the criteria for selection
- Identifying potential new clients and the decision makers within the prioritised client organisations and gather information on targets. Input data into the CRM system and keep it up to date (see Prospecting below)
- Identifying and prioritising organisations where we already have strong personal connections, via individual networks, or from our lapsed client database and define strategies to reconnect and sell to these organisations
- Ongoing research and proactively informing the client services team on client business issues, new market trends, and competitor initiatives.
In order to generate face to face appointments with client decision makers, the successful candidate needs to stay close to c-suite moves and business changes within the marketplace to help identify targets.
Help co-ordinate the 20.20 leadership team’s personal LinkedIn connections to identify and realise key introductions and recommendations from the wider contact base.
Carry out research and analysis of client organisations to identify project opportunities and future briefs.
Identify client prospects for ‘cold call’ approach; prepare emailing and social media support campaigns targeting defined and agreed prospect lists.
Email follow up of mailers, newsletters and other initiatives as required.
Submit weekly reports on prospecting activity.
3. MARKETING AND SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGEMENT
Day to day management of 20.20’s Marketing Executive who is responsible for delivering an achievable content marketing strategy, including:
- Celebrating our projects
- Activating regular news stories and blogs
- Identifying conference speaking and attendance opportunities
- Publishing thought/opinion pieces and market innovation stories
- Publishing 20.20’s weekly CX digital newsletter
- Generating ideas and setting up talks and events
Self-motivated, happy and able to function independently (with minimum direction).
With a minimum of five years’ experience working in business development and / or client services (ideally in creative industries).
2:1 degree level minimum – business / marketing specialism ideal.
Strategic and tactical, an individual who recognises the need to plan first and act effectively.
The successful candidate will be articulate, with excellent phone manners and able to craft well written e-mails (excellent English).
Has a natural ability to talk and engage with people, unphased by making cold calls, and able to develop client relationships remotely (phone/emails).
We are looking for someone who is:
- Upbeat and self-confident.
- Organised and meticulous (diligent in maintaining database and reporting).
- Good manager and motivator of people.
- Able to use ppt/excel
Friendly, self-aware, collaborative, fits into a small team, able to gain support from seniors and juniors. We encourage a collaborative working methodology with our clients and colleagues, and therefore it is important to support each other when work pressure is high.
We encourage a healthy work/life balance, but expect our people to put in the hours when required.
- £1,000 6-monthly bonus, based on agreed targets
- 24 days holiday
- Company laptop (MacBook Pro)
- Company mobile phone
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast every day
Based in London, 20.20 are a brand experience agency, founded in 1988, now part of the Writtle Group.
We use strategic design to create loved brands, beautiful environments and compelling customer experiences for innovative clients across the globe. We boasts a diverse and thriving range of multinational clients, across Europe, the Middle East, North America and the UK.
We work with clients in retail, sport, travel, leisure and hospitality – championing original thought and bold ideas, driven by insight, expertise and intuition.
The reason we're able to do all that is because of people like you: smart, insightful and curious – people who can provide strategic clarity, create engagement and strengthen our client’s businesses.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce.
– STRICTLY NO AGENCIES –