Accounts Assistant - Part Time
Are you an experienced Accounts Assistant looking for a part-time position?
We are delighted to be working with our client based on the outskirts of Portsmouth. With over 20 years in the technology sector, our client prides itself on being one of the largest in its field and due to continued growth they are now on the look out for a part time Accounts Assistant to join their team.
Your day to day duties will be to support the Assistant Financial Accountant in the day to day tasks in the Accounts Payable function. You will also be responsible for meeting departmental KPI's and deadlines.
This is a part time position based out of our client's head office in Fareham. Other responsibilities include:
- Confidence in dealing with multi-entity and multi-currency ledgers
- Accurately maintain the accounts payable ledgers including preparing payments runs for management approval
- Actively maintain the Accounts Payable mailboxes and respond/action any supplier queries
- Validate employee expense claims in line with company procedure
- Maintain the bank accounts within Sage and to perform administration of business charge cards, supplier reviews and supplier statement reconciliations and payments
- Confirm to ISO processes and best practice methodologies, ensuring compliance ad where necessary make improvements in efficiency and effectiveness of department processes
- Responsible for the accurate and timely completion of relevant financial paperwork and records. Identifying any issues, and where needed ensuring a full audit trail is available.
- Undertaking any additional ad hoc tasks as required by the business
Our client is seeking a suitable candidate with previous experience in a similar role. The successful candidate must be part-qualified in a recognised accounting qualification e.g. AAT, CIMA etc. or alternatively qualified by experience. Other skills and attributes would be:
- GCSE Maths and English at a minimum of Grade C or Level 4
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills including a high level of attention to details
- Ability and desire to acquire new knowledge and skills quickly
- Confident in working in a fast paced ever evolving business environment
- Working knowledge of Excel, Sage Financials and Cloud Computing
In return for your continued hard work and commitment, our clients is offering the following package and benefits:
- 20 Hours per week (ideally Mon-Fri 4 hours per day)
- Salary of Circa £9,600 per annum (based on a 20-hour week)
- Annual company bonus
- 20 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays rising by one day per year
- Additional day off for your birthday
- Company Pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- Child care vouchers
- Life Assurance 4x annual salary
To not miss out on the opportunity to become our clients next Account Assistant, register your interest by clicking apply now! We look forward to meeting you!