CICS / Assembler Systems Programmer - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Digital, Retail and Commercial bank seeking to help Britain prosper. And we're transforming our products and platforms with £3bn of investment to become the bank of the future.
So with 789 software systems and 26,000 servers we're servicing 80,000 colleagues, 30m+ customers and over 14m+ online users you can be confident our IT professionals have sizeable and interesting challenges every single day.
IBM zSeries Mainframes underpin our IT infrastructure and our Service Delivery Middleware CICS Team ensures wider systems, applications and APIs can integrate effectively.
As one of our CICS/Assembler Systems Programmers you'd be part of a team supporting and maintaining the bank's in-house written Middleware products hosted on the IBM Mainframe.
Could you help us make this possible?
- You'd have responsibility for creating, shaping and nurturing technical designs to ensure quality products are put in to live production.
- You'll get to have accountability for influencing and driving architectural improvements and help setting the future direction of solutions.
- We're all about simplification so you'll provide some real input into rationalising and standardising versions and components as well as reconfiguring some services.
- You'd get the chance to identify any functionality suitable for migration to appropriate 3rd party software products (e.g. IBM Message Broker/Integration Bus) and lead any migration work.
- And you'll use your expertise to provide technical input to risk issues and audit processes- balancing deadlines with any production incidents.
So what about you?
- You'll need to be a highly capable CICS Assembler programmer capable of quickly analysing and understanding a considerable suite of programs.
- You'll have core skills as a CICS Sys Prog whether gained in Financial Services or other industries.
- A working knowledge of IBM MQ and webservices interfaces due to the nature of the messaging processed through these products.
- Capable of communicating complex information and ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences you'll pride yourself on making the complex simple.
- The confidence to challenge the norm and innovate around continual improvements.
- Wider experience in infrastructure incident management, SDLC and in leading technical projects with occasional on-call responsibilities.
Lloyds Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and BAME applicants meeting the above criteria are warmly encouraged to apply.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Flex cash sum
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible....