We are looking for an Acquisition Officer to provide operational support to the Acquisition Manager in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the acquisition of donors across all channels and propositions.
Position: Acquisition Officer
Location: Based in Sidmouth, Devon – “an area of outstanding natural beauty”
Hours: Full-time working Monday-Friday 08.30 - 16.30 (Applications from candidates seeking to work between 3-4 days per week will be considered)
Benefits: Generous annual leave, pension scheme, Healthshield plan, confidential counselling service, subsidised restaurant, free parking, enhanced maternity/paternity benefits, Life Assurance Scheme, 31 day’s holiday per year, inclusive of the 8 statutory public holidays. This increases by one day each year until a maximum of 34 days is reached.
Closing Date:Tuesday 26 November 2019
The organisation is at an important stage in their fundraising strategy, having achieved considerable growth in the last 5 years. They are investing significantly in their fundraising team to help them towards their ambition of reaching £50m income by 2023.
As Acquisition Officer – Digital and Lottery, you will provide operational support to the Acquisition Manager in the planning, delivery and evaluation of the acquisition of donors across all channels and propositions.
- Promote all individual giving propositions to deliver a step change in income delivered, being flexible to introduce new channels as required.
- Be responsible for the day-to-day management and delivery of targets for a number of fundraising products.
- Assist the Acquisition Manager in developing testing timelines, strategic plans and quarterly reforecasts.
- Liaise closely with internal teams to project manage the effective delivery of fundraising targets (income and donors) across your specialist channels and any other channels or products as deemed necessary.
- Liaise with key external agencies managing day-to-day activity, ensuring production timelines are met and targets hit.
With experience of working in a fundraising acquisition environment across a proven channel mix, including digital marketing, DRTV, direct mail, telephone you will:
- Possess excellent organisational skills and the ability to plan and manage a variety of simultaneous projects and deadlines.
- Have experience of working with supporter or customer data in the context of planning and evaluating direct marketing activities.
- Have demonstrable customer service skills.
- Have experience of using CRM databases, IT literacy along with strong collaborative and motivational skills.
Experience of working with external agencies to deliver high quality work on time and on budget is desirable.
If you feel you have the qualities, skills and experience to fulfil this varied, rewarding and vital role, we would love to hear from you.
You can be part of an evolving program of change taking place within a leading charity working in an area of outstanding natural beauty. With amazing benefits and opportunities to develop you career, you can really make a difference in a fulfilling and rewarding role.
About the Organisation
The charity is one of the UK’s largest international animal welfare charities, currently supporting projects in over 35 countries worldwide. They are working for a world where donkeys and mules live free from suffering and their contribution to humanity is fully valued.
“The Sanctuary is a positive place to work with friendly staff and a wonderful charity. With amazing work throughout the world, once you join you never want to leave!”
Our client is a Disability Confident Employer. They are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of vulnerable people (children and adults) and expects all staff and volunteers to undertake this commitment. Applicants will be subject to safer recruitment processes, including an application for a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check where required for the post.
You may also have experience in areas such as Individual Giving, Individual Giving Officer, Fundraising, Fundraiser.