Senior Risk & Assurance Manager - Flexible Working Available
iPSL are looking for a Senior Risk & Assurance Manager to partner with all levels of the iPSL business areas and support teams to ensure iPSL Risk Management Policy and Framework is fully and effectively embedded.
We are the leading digital payment processing service provider within the UK and have recently gone through the biggest business transformation programme the company has ever seen!
The role will be based in Northampton, and comes with a competitive salary, between £40,000 to £60,500p.a. (depending on experience) + Car allowance of £5,100 and Private Family Healthcare.
The hours of work will be 35 per week Monday to Friday. There may be some flexibility on hours.
The Senior Risk & Assurance Manager isupports the delivery of Risk education programmes across iPSL and provides independent assurance that the company continues to effectively operate controls and mitigate risks.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Partner with the business to ensure proactive identification and evaluation of operational risks, emerging operational risks and monitor the effectiveness of key controls.
- Undertake assurance, rapid response and follow up reviews to ensure adherence to Unisys and internal policies; external regulations; procedures; client requirements and the effective mitigation of risks through application of an appropriate internal control framework.
- Ensure effective monitoring and assurance activity is undertaken to confirm audit or assurance review actions are duly addressed by management.
- Provide timely support, review and challenge to management Risk Self-Assessments. Support management in establishing risk mitigation activities to reduce the likelihood and impact of risks faced by the business.
- Support the development of risk management capability within iPSL business to ensure business management are empowered, and enabled, to meet their risk management obligations.
- Preparation and presentation of high quality Risk and Assurance reports to management and key stakeholders to assist in meeting risk management obligations.
- Lead risk assessments to help the business manage their operational and change risk exposures.
- Deliver ongoing risk and assurance work to monitor, track, assess and verify position and management actions on key risks and known issues.
- Delivery of the Client Joint Risk review framework which involves working with iPSL’s relationship management team and with client representatives, both client supplier managers and client risk/audit professional’s.
- Represent the organisation at stakeholder and client facing meetings.
- Provide line management to assigned direct reports to include regular reviews, team development and associated administrative tasks.
- Undertake ad hoc investigations and project assurance as required.
- Contribute to the continuous evolution, maintenance and circulation of company policies, standards and guidelines across the organisation and client base.
- Provide risk support and guidance to the business on compliance related issues as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Experience in a similar risk, compliance monitoring or audit role preferred, and experience or qualification in operations management, support services, technology or service delivery is advantageous.
- Confidence and positive influencing skills to engage with iPSL management team to initiate and lead conversations regarding current and emerging operational risks issues.
- 3+ years’ experience in a financial services or similar risk management or senior risk analyst role.
- Strong relationship building and maintenance skills, with the ability to gain buy-in, trust and understanding, as well as being able to influence and negotiate.
- Experience of communicating various issues to internal and external stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Strong knowledge and proven ability in Operational Risk Management activities and techniques.
- Drive and tenacity towards strong and effective delivery in a complex and demanding environment.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Self-starter, able to work on own initiative and without direction.
- Strong engagement and interpersonal skills, able to hold cross functional management accountable for operational risk within their area of responsibility.
- Confident in facilitating risk based reviews involving both internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to present risk based management reports to management and external stakeholders.
- Confident and able to building strong working relationships with direct team, internal and external customers.
- Ability to assimilate and utilise new information, processes and training.
- Ability to produce quality and timely management information reports.
- Commitment to deliver and maintain high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Embraces change and is able to influence and encourage others.
- Effectively prioritises tasks to ensure delivery meets time critical deadlines
VACANCY REFERENCE: PS/MD/510760/Risk & Compliance
Closing date for applications is 29th November 2019 and please ensure you SUBMIT A CV with your application in order for your application to be progressed.
Please note that due to the volume of applications we receive, we are not always able to respond directly. If you have not been contacted by 13th December 2019 we regret that you have not been successful in securing a position at the next stage of the process.