We are looking to recruit a Data Engineer who will enable our organisation's greenfield project of building a new Data platform within the business. The role will be responsible for connecting and ingesting a variety of structured, unstructured and big data sources into public cloud data platform and on-premise data warehouse solutions.
- Support enterprise data architecture roadmap through providing access to data sources using integration techniques and performing data transformations into an enterprise data model, enterprise data store/warehouse.
- Provide integration thought leadership to cross-functional teams in the areas of advanced web service and data integration techniques, including data modelling, data access, data integration, data discovery, database design and implementation.
- Map the systems and interfaces used to manage data, sets standards for data management, analyses current state and conceives desired future state, and defines projects needed to close the gap between the current state and future goal.
- Integrate technical functionality (e.g. scalability, security, performance, data recovery, reliability, etc.)
- Work as part of the Data & Integration Team to shape and deliver the long-term strategy and organisation capabilities and culture around data management.
- Provide support as required to the Head of Data & Integration regarding; Technology Roadmap Development, Security Policies & Frameworks, Strategic Partnerships selection, Sourcing and Vendor Management Frameworks, Project Delivery Frameworks and Financial Management.
- Drive self and others to focused bottom line outcomes in line with the Group's overall strategy; and without compromising safety.
- Promote the use of effective business process management practices that unifies people, technology and information through end-to-end business process digitisation.
- Share both responsibility and accountability to build trust.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required:
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Must be driven, operationally savvy, action-oriented who continually strives for improvement.
- Strong critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with light to moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge and operational skills in the Agile Development area
- Alignment of data architecture plans with strategic business objectives.
- Extensive expertise in Oracle or MS SQL Server databases, as well as data modelling, both logical and physical.
- Experience with data warehouse and business intelligence systems; extensive experience transforming business requirements into DB data processes and data schema.
- Broad experience with data integration technologies including ETL tools, secure file transfers and Web services APIs (SOAP, REST and OData).
- Industry experience as a Data and API Architect with Architecture/Implementation experience across many integration projects.
- Experience with both ETL and API management is mandatory.
- Expertise in: micro-services, Enterprise Service Bus, Enterprise Application Integration, Cloud, APIs, Change data capture, Streams.
- Experience with AWS Glue, AWS Lambda, AWS Athena, AWS Redshift and AWS Kinesis.
- Experience in designing and implementing AWS Data Platforms with tools such as CloudWatch, CloudTrail, IAM, SNS and SQS.
- Experience in designing and implementing serverless Data Lakes on S3 AWS
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.