We are looking to recruit a Data Scientist who will enable our organisation's transformation towards new set of digital products and services using corporate, client and public data sources. The primary focus of the role will be delivering high-quality machine learning prototypes; leveraging advanced analytical capabilities for internal and external customers. This would include applying data mining techniques, performing statistical analysis, visualising insights and building best-in-class prediction systems integrated with our products
- Develop machine learning-based tools and processes within the company.
- Perform required data pre-processing, statistical analysis, feature selection and engineering and model training and validation using state-of-the-art data mining techniques.
- Extend company's data with third party sources of information when needed.
- Enhance data collection, processing and cleansing procedures to include information that is relevant for building analytic systems.
- Act as custodian of data assets and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Work as part of the Digital Intelligence Team to deliver machine learning initiatives across a variety of products and business units.
- Provide support as required to the Data Science Manager and the Head of Data & Integration.
- Drive self and others to focused bottom line outcomes in line with the Group's overall strategy and without compromising safety.
- Promote the use of effective business process management practices that unifies people, technology and information through end-to-end business process digitisation.
- Share both responsibility and accountability to build trust.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Familiarity with operational and support environment issues.
- Critical thinking ability and problem resolution skills.
- Ability to work independently with moderate supervision in various areas of responsibility.
- Knowledge and operational skills in the Agile Development area.
- Proven experience building, testing and productionising predictive models and advanced analytics solutions.
- Good understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms (supervised, unsupervised and reinforcement learning).
- Experience with data structures, data profiling, matching, cleansing and standardisation.
- Experience with common data mining programming languages, such as R and Python.
- Experience with data visualisation tools, such as Tableau, Qlik, PowerBI as well as with scripting data visualisation using R or Python libraries such as ggplot, matplotlib, plotly, etc.
- Proficiency in using query languages such as SQL, PostgreSQL, Hive, Pig.
- Experience with NoSQL databases, such as MongoDB, Cassandra, HBase desirable.
- Experience with AWS cloud solutions will be preferred.
- Good scripting, programming and documentation skills.
- Background in working in Agile product development teams an advantage.
- Experience in productionising data science prototypes an advantage.
- Experience working and effectively collaborating with reporting, operations and technology teams.
- Good verbal and written communication skills to adapt to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Information Systems, Mathematics or data related field.
- Minimum of 2 years experience in data mining and model development.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, or any other group who face disadvantage in our society. As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation and the National Equality Standard.
We particularly encourage applications from currently under-represented groups in our industry including those who self-identify as women, black, Asian, minority ethnic, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and/ or disabled.
Lendlease is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. Our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.