Front End Developer - Flexible Working Available
Are you looking for the Career of a Lifetime? There couldn't be a better time to join Willmott Dixon's IT department at our Head Office in Letchworth. We are currently going through a strategic IT transformation to move to the cloud and are rapidly adopting the latest concepts of BI and digital construction.
As a part of this we are undertaking an organisational, operational and service transformation. We are therefore recruiting for key new roles that are tasked with the important job of establishing new capabilities, using IT best practices.
We also aim to be world class in offering agile and flexible working practices. This offers you a great working environment and a genuine work-life balance.
We would welcome applications from people who are looking for an exciting challenge in IT transformation, who understand "what good looks like" and who enjoy a lively and fun place to work. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a talented IT team and take on a role in which you will be able directly implement change and shape the strategy and vision of the IT function in the years ahead.
Willmott Dixon is currently looking to recruit a Front End Developer to join our IT team based in Letchworth Garden City.
- Build responsive HTML5/CSS3 web pages, mobile applications and other digital solutions
- Work collaboratively with designers to provide excellent interactive front-end solutions
- Ensure web sites use fully semantic mark-up, are valid to W3C standards and meet W3C WAI and UK DDA legislation requirements
- Pixel perfect reproduction of designs in modern browsers with suitable degradation in older browsers
- Build clickable prototypes to aid the UX process and help solve design / build problems
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Proven experience using Angular.
- Working knowledge of ngrx state management.
- A good understanding of using RESTful APIs.
- Excellent attention to detail and efficient working practices
- Familiarity using the Adobe Creative Suite of software packages such as Photoshop, Illustrator etc…
- Experience of the capabilities of HTML5 animation and CSS3 transitions
- Knowledge of W3C WAI and UK DDA legislation
- An understanding of browsers and rendering issues/bugs with the standard browsers
- An understanding of developing HTML 5 content for different platforms and devices using responsive design and media queries
- Problem solving
- Experience using Jasmine, karma, protractor.
- CSS pre-processors (Sass, LESS)
- Asset compilation workflows (webpack , Grunt, Gulp)
- Working knowledge of npm, angular-cli
- Experience with SVG
- Working knowledge/experience with version control systems (TFS, Git)
- Contributions to the open source community
- A good understanding of using and building RESTful APIs
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered.