IT Support Engineer - fixed term contract
Are you seeking an IT Support Engineer role in Bicester? Here at Amey we are recruiting to strengthen our talented IT systems team. This is an excellent opportunity to join a team with an exceptional level of service and be exposed to vast array of technologies. Reporting to the IT Systems Manager, you will act as a technical lead in the operation of our IT Support Service and be responsible for providing desktop and server support.
What you will be doing
- Reporting to the IT Systems Manager, you will act as a technical lead in the operation of our IT Support Service.
- You will be responsible for providing desktop and server support, performing necessary maintenance, monitoring, design and implementation, whilst ensuring system availability and security
- Responsible for user, system and network administration
- Ensure that the systems are fully documented to appropriate levels and standards
- Ensure Work Procedures are adhered to and updated as necessary
- Ensure there are good backups of all required data and this is kept in accordance to requirements
- Understand the requirements and threats associated with the types of networks and the ability to adhere to MoD Joint Service Publications and System Operating Procedures for these systems
- You will receive training and ongoing support that will help you to progress in your career. Your involvement in development projects will also be important as Amey look to exploit and implement the latest technologies
Your previous experience
- Solid understanding and experience of supporting and administering:-
- Windows Server environments (preferably 2012)
- Citrix XenApp
- Good working knowledge of MS Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS
- Good problem-solving skills and ability to analyse an issue and resolve or escalate quickly
- Motivation and desire to seek out process improvements and share ideas
- Veeam backup
- O365 Administration
- Symantec security and anti-virus products
- Ivanti (Appsense) Application and Environment manager
- SAN Technologies
- Citrix Netscaler
Salary and benefits
Salary: We provide competitive salary packages structured around our internal talent framework. This role is band B. The latter is reviewed twice a year, offering the opportunity for fast-track salary progression and promotion(s). You will also have 24 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays), contributory pension and access to a range of AMEY savings.
Security Clearance: The successful candidate will be required to gain Government Security Clearance and needs to have been a UK resident for at least 5 years.
This is a fixed term contract for 18 months.