Commercial Manager (Rail/Electrification)
An opportunity exists for a Commercial Manager to join our Brent Cross Commercial team operating in London. Amey are engaged on a Design and Construction Rail Systems Contract worth c90m and is due for completion in 2021. Our contract is part of a wider regeneration scheme including new housing, retail and station works.
You will be joining an existing and successful commercial team responsible for delivering c£50m per year through Network Rail's Central Panels Framework Contract. You will be supported in your role by an experienced commercial team and will have access to the great career development opportunities afforded by working within a high performing Framework
As Commercial Manager you will be predominantly responsible for the overall commercial management of several distinct discipline packages, inclusive of design. You will be consistently implementing commercial best practice through production of cost plans, close management of discipline budgets, tight control over risk management and the identification and closeout of change. You will also be supporting the reporting requirements to both internal and external stakeholders as well as production of KPI's.
Typical responsibilities may include:
- Supporting procurement (Identification of S/C packages, drafting subcontracts, normalising and reviewing tenders etc)
- Proactively managing risk & opportunity
- Assessing interim and final applications for payment from subcontractors and providing timely notices in accordance with the subcontract agreements
- Assessing subcontractor entitlement to change and valuation of the same
- Pro-active cost management and supporting package leads with financial and commercial matters
- Providing accurate cost forecasting and monitoring for variance using CPI and SPI indicators (Earned Value)
- Attending regular project and engineering meetings for identification of commercial impact and providing commercial support where required
- Identifying change, preparing quantum and appropriately demonstrating entitlement to client
- Providing input to the project commercial lead for internal and external reporting
What are we looking for?
This exciting opportunity would suit an experienced Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager who is able to work autonomously, or with minimal supervision. The nature of the role means that the individual will need a mature approach and broad ranging experience to ensure the successful delivery of medium-high risk/value packages. Ideally you will be from the construction sector with a background in surveying/engineering, although candidates from other sectors /backgrounds with transferable skills will be considered.
Ideally the candidate would have minimum of 5 years' operating within the Rail, Mechanical/Electrical or heavy civils environment with experience working on Contracts with multiple integrating disciplines.
This role will be based out of Cricklewood in London.
We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for everyone.
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better