Engineering Lead - Engineering Improvement - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers. Taking a Software Engineering led approach we're rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
CIO Engineering has mobilised around five key themes: Making the organisation truly Cloud Native; Enable a nimble DevOps way of engineering supported by the DevOps toolchain; Providing our colleagues with devices they are proud to use and support real agility; Supporting initiatives that enable easier and faster Transformation; Creating the next generation of Security insights.
Engineering Improvement is responsible for troubleshooting high profile issues arising from either Service or Change, and subsequently delivering a successful outcome at pace. These engagements are often infrastructure-centric in nature but the team operate across the full end to end Infrastructure and Application landscape according to organisation priorities. Engineering improvement is a small team and will use agile/virtual team methods to stand-up complete projects quickly and efficiently.
Could you help us make this possible?
You be the Lead within the Engineering Improvement team working across both Group CIO and directly in Engineering & transformation which includes the following activities:
- Drive and establish Effective Engineering Technology Principles.
- Work with strategy on Active-Dynamic Engineering Buy Sell Hold Processes.
- Engage in End to End (cross platform) Engineering solutions as required.
Engineering relationship and activities:
- Ensuring Group CIO engineering relationship is working effectively.
- Enrich all requests and ensure the correct approach i.e. engineering improvement or tower based is applied to all work.
So what about you?
You'll have a proven track record of leading and tuning production infrastructure in at least one technical speciality e.g. java, OS, database, network etc. (Hands On). Additionally you'll have deep technical knowledge of a specific platform/technology that includes the ability to diagnose performance issues and identify and deliver improvements and performance optimisation.
We'll also expect you'll have:
- In depth knowledge of end 2 end systems using 3+ tier architecture and an appreciation of Cloud technologies and consequences for traditional IT. Experience in writing Infrastructure as Code Highly Desirable. Experience with the following an advantage (Python / Ruby / C / java / .Net / SQL / PL/SQL / Perl / Bash)
- Broad LBG ecosystem knowledge and appreciation of how systems are integrated. Working knowledge of IT Security / Data security / Compliance standards within a financial institution.
A working knowledge of agile would be beneficial, however technical and people leadership skills are essential to ensure successful outcomes are delivered as part of the wider team. Essential to the success of the role will be the ability to lead, influence and engage multiple stakeholders, to gain advocacy and cooperation to enable successful outcomes to be delivered.
What will you get in return?
Lloyds Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and BAME applicants meeting the above criteria are warmly encouraged to apply.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Flex cash sum
- 30 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
****This role can be based out of our hubs at Chester, Edinburgh, Halifax, Manchester or London. The London role will have an amended salary scale to reflect the location****