Willmott Dixon has changed a lot since it was established in 1852 but still its values have always emphasised the importance of people, relationships, communities and the environment. Indeed, it is these values which have helped us stand the test of time and made us unique. Our emphasis on our people was proven by our recent achievements where we came 4th in the Times Top 100 (best companies to work for) the highest achieving construction company.
As a business we are focused on what gets us the results rather than the results themselves, with this emphasis we understand the importance of data analysis and how this analysis can continue our success.
About the Role
We are looking to recruit a Data Analyst on a 12-month fix-term contract to solely support our Midlands team. The successful candidate will primarily work locally across our three main offices in Birmingham, Coleshill and Nottingham but also work nationally with the national product team and group IT team to establish 'one version of the truth', turn data into information, information into insights and insight into business advantage.
Your focus will be on lifecycle analysis of activities and design. The data analysts will develop analysis and reporting capabilities and monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements.
Reporting to our Technical Director, the key responsibilities are:
* Work with management to prioritise business and information needs
* Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
* Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
* Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimise statistical efficiency and quality
* Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
* Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
* Filter and "clean" data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
Who we are looking for
* Proven working experience as a data analyst or business data analyst
* Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
* Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analysing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc)
* Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
* Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
* BS in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management or Statistics
* Knowledge of the construction industry
In return we offer: Competitive Salary, Car Allowance, Pension scheme & Private healthcare
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.