Research Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Carbon Tracker Initiative is an independent financial think tank that carries out in-depth analysis on the impact of the energy transition on capital markets. We believe that regulators, investors and policymakers all have an urgent role to play in guiding the world to a climate-secure energy system. Carbon Tracker’s analysis of unburnable carbon, stranded assets, and wasted capital has reframed the debate around climate change risk.
Role and responsibilities
- Support energy strategy research. We look across all aspects of the energy system, and focus on the impact of the renewable energy transition on investors.
- Expand the analysis more deeply into sectors and stock, using data from Bloomberg and company reports. As investors wake up to the reality of the energy transition, there is huge demand to understand what is priced in, who is vulnerable to change, and where the risks and opportunities lie.
- Assemble the data and information in order to assist in the production of research.
- Assist in managing the publication process.
- Assist in the preparation of presentations to investors.
- Enter contacts and engagements into Salesforce.
- Over time would be expected to make presentations to investors and to write research.
- Strong financial sector experience, minimum five years.
- Preferably in sell-side or buy-side research.
- Experience in the energy sector.
- Expert Excel and Bloomberg data skills. Adept at finding, analysing and clearly summarising complex data.
- Excellent academic record. Proven strong mathematics.
- Desirable CFA qualified.
- Highly motivated, a quick learner driven to grow the role and increase responsibilities.
- A self-starter who can work autonomously and bring new ideas.
- Methodical and organised with a high attention to detail.
- Team player, high integrity, diligent, flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Passion for fighting climate change.
- Competitive based on experience, 7% pension contribution.
- Please attach your CV along WITH A COVERING LETTER explaining how you would fit into the team.
- Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Carbon Tracker can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
- We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Carbon Tracker are open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or any other equality characteristic.
- Carbon Tracker supports flexibility, we will consider a four day week and welcome returners.
- The closing date for applications is Tuesday 31 December 2019.