Senior Civil Engineer
Due to breadth of projects Amey Consulting are involved in across the Scotland region we are looking to bolster our multidisciplined teams with the appointment of Senior Civil Engineers. This will cover roads, bridges and civil structures and you will work collaboratively with our clients to deliver innovative and practical engineering design solutions.
The Senior Civil Engineer will support a Principal Engineer to ensure the following:
- Compliance with all relevant technical standards.
- Delivery of all specified project outcomes on time and within budget.
- Advice and guidance in provided for staff and professional development is actively pursued.
The role and responsibilities of the Senior Civil Engineer will involve:
- Developing designs in accordance with the client's requirements and relevant design standards.
- Represent the business stream in multi-disciplined project teams.
- Prepare and check the feasibility studies, appraisal and assessment reports.
- Development of engineering solutions and presentation of engineering options.
- Produce and check design concepts, design details, drawing specifications and other technical documents.
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the budget for projects including the planning, monitoring and reporting of project resources.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the client and other relevant stakeholders.
To be successful as the Senior Civil Engineer we would look for the following:
- Background specialising in highways design or structural design and maintenance, transportation planning and modelling.
- Chartered engineer - MICE, MIHE, MCIHT, MIStructE
- Experience delivering competent designs of minor and major road schemes for trunk and local roads.
- Demonstrable experience in roads, structures or traffic and transportation.
- Working knowledge of Cycle by design, Roads for all and Sustrans design documents.
- AutoCAD, Bentley MX, Civils 3D.
Joining Amey Consulting as a Senior Civil Engineer you can expect a competitive salary, generous holiday entitlement and pension as well as flexible benefits that Amey offer.
Fundamental to living our core values is having great people in our business. That's why we believe that Amey is only as great as the people we employ.