Executive - Flexible Working Available
We are looking for an Executive Direct Tax Reporting to join our London team. You will be responsible for supporting the Direct Tax Reporting framework in the EMEA region.
About the role
The Executive – EMEA Direct Tax Reporting will be responsible for supporting the Direct Tax Reporting framework in the Europe, Middle East, and Africa (EMEA) region and also working on Tax Controversy Issues
- Support for the sections of the income tax accounting process, including the preparation current and deferred tax reconciliations for material entities in the region and review calculations prepared by the GFS team; and
- Support for the Direct Tax Compliance process, which incorporates tax return process management, technical review of tax calculations and analysis and delivery for Income tax and withholding tax
- Support process improvement and change management initiatives for EMEA tax reporting, an ongoing focus on tax technology initiatives
- Working with the Regional Head of Tax to manage ongoing interactions with Revenue Authorities and provide support in responding to revenue authority enquiries and audits.
- Responsible for identifying and communicating issues emanating from regional Tax Reporting function
- Effectively engage with the shared services function in India
- Support Business Units on regional Tax Reporting issues
- Responsible for responding to ad-hoc requests from stakeholders (internal and external)
Our business is to realise opportunities for our clients, stakeholders and staff, and is characterised by accountability and integrity. We are able to achieve this through the initiative and drive of each member of our team:
You will have:
- University degree, ideally in a related field
- Experience within a Tax Reporting function in commerce or an accountancy firm, ideally from within financial services
- Knowledge of corporate tax for large companies & consolidated groups, which includes tax accounting and compliance
- Commercially minded, with the ability to understand complex structures and transactions
- Strong organisation and communication skills, with the ability to manage a range of competing priorities
- Ability to interact effectively with different levels of staff across the Financial Management Group and businesses
- A high degree of accuracy, with a process improvement focus
- Ambition with a high level of energy and commitment
- Ability to work well under pressure
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.