We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for the communities, we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining, managing and investing in our country's services and infrastructures we create better places to live, work and travel.
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your wellbeing. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self-starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
To manage a portfolio of multidisciplinary or single discipline projects in accordance with the requirements of the Project Quality Plans; and to deliver or exceed the Company's agreed financial expectation for the projects portfolio in terms of value, margin and cash.
What will this role involve?
- Maximise operating efficiency, so that projects portfolio is delivered in compliance with the Project Control System to agreed standards and targets
- Implement quality improvements when opportunities arise
- Deliver revenue within agreed budgets
- Act decisively to rectify any adverse circumstances that threaten the delivery of the quality and programme agreed with the client
- Define and manage programme of projects, update regularly and ensure that activity managers have sufficient capable resources to meet deadlines
- Maintain regular liaison with all stakeholders and employees on the progress of projects Forecast and monitor the financial performance of the projects portfolio, providing regular (minimum monthly) detailed reports, comparing actual and forecast performance to plan expectations and explaining variations Ensure robust WIP conversion through prompt invoicing
- Ensure compliance with Health, Safety, Environmental and Assurance regulations
- Carry out line management duties, as required
- Ensure that all team members operate according to Amey principles and have a clear understanding of systems and processes
- Conduct weekly reviews with Activity Managers and/or project teams With support of commercial team, ensure that contracts are in place before work commences including sub contracts and purchase orders for suppliers and sub consultants
- Approve expenditure within limits of delegated authority
- Manage, develop, coach and motivate employees in the project team Maintain and develop key client contacts to maximise future business opportunities
- Support the development of new business by involvement on key client management process, tendering and winning work
What are we looking for?
Degree or equivalent qualification in suitable engineering discipline Membership of recognised engineering / project management institution Computer literate and thoroughly conversant with MS Office suite and experienced in the use of project management software - MS Project, Primevera Knowledge of financial and contract management control systems Able to implement and support a customer-centric approach Able to manage, develop and motivate a team Demonstrable experience including previous experience in a related industry sector with some experience in the management of design projects Demonstrates ability to implement and meet targets Understands and upholds Amey values Supports and contributes to continuous improvement Demonstrates developed communication and influencing skills IOSH managing safely Environmental awareness Tool Box talk IOSH managing safely Environmental awareness for managers Personal highways safety Medicals - other Site management safety