Assistant Estimator - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon Construction are looking to recruit an Assistant Estimator to join our supportive, forward thinking business based in Hitchin. In this role you will assist estimators in the accurate preparation of the financial element of bids and where appropriate to produce estimates on appropriate schemes to the right net cost in a timely manner. In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos that can offer you the Career of a Lifetime!
Within the role you will be required to: -
* Undertake commercial activities with a high degree of acumen.
* Identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
* Identify risks and opportunities.
* Price selected trades from first principles using agreed Willmott Dixon outputs.
* Prepare and send out thorough enquiries to the supply chain.
* Produce, or assist in producing, a detailed control document at handover to delivery team.
* Conduct their role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives.
* Assist project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM7 & NRM for agreed trades.
* Assist in the preparation of selected elements of the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
* Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Technical or Operational Proven experience of:
* Accurate pricing from first principles of identified packages.
* Understanding of construction methods.
* Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
* Using Conquest Estimating system or similar.
* Some experience of taking off quantities up to SMM7 & NRM.
Proven experience of:
* Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets. I
nformation Proven Experience of:
* Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications.
* Understanding and appropriately allocating bills of quantities.
* Understanding site requirements in respect of preliminaries.
People Proven experience of:
* Playing an active role and positively contributing to a team.
* Interaction with customers and communities.
* Coordinating external supply chain resources.
Qualifications & Memberships / Academic
* Good demonstrable standard of written and spoken English.
* Good standard of mathematical ability.
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* Working towards MCIOB / MRICS.
Self Awareness You will be able to:
o reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve, o model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation. Relationship Focused You will be able to: o recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation, o identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them. Delivering Objectives You will be able to: o constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives, o take personal responsibility for making things happen, o find practical ways to overcome barriers, o manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace. We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community. We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more.
We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements. * Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.