Senior FP&A Manager - Flexible Working Available
Discovery Global Enterprises (DGE) serves as the streamlined access point for all of Discovery Communications’ content franchises and brands, licensing properties in multiple markets across EMEA, LatAm and APAC and US. Key business lines include:
Program Sales (PS) - provides international broadcasters with the best content in non-fiction entertainment.
International Consumer Products (ICP) – manages programming-focused and brand-based consumer products and strategic third-party merchandising partnerships.
Discovery Private Networks (DPN) – licenses and distributes programming from Discovery’s portfolio of networks to non-theatric venues and clients including airlines, cruise lines, trains, science centers and other site-based markets.
Location Based Entertainment (LBE) – Licensing of Discovery brands through themed destinations and attractions, travel programs, live entertainment, retail and hospitality.
The FP&A Manager will work with the Discovery Global Enterprises team based in NYC. Reporting to the FP&A Director, this role will focus on DGE business across the company. Whilst the team reports into the Finance department, they are closely aligned with Sales and Operational teams in the business. The role will be responsible for supporting regular finance reporting and budgeting as well as other ad hoc financial reporting and projects.
Regular Business Reporting
- Manage and analyse revenue pipelines to generate insights on current revenue status, opportunities and challenge
- Manage expense reporting and forecasting
- Work with FPA Director to manage regular performance reports to senior management
- Contribute to the continual development of current and future reporting
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Manage month end processes for PS, DPN and ICP (consolidating pipelines, monitor actuals, partnering with Accounting, prepare variance analysis)
- Perform month-end reporting requirements to regional FP&A teams /Corporate Finance
- Annual budgeting and monthly forecasting activities, support FP&A Director in DGE consolidation pack
- Gain in-depth understanding of the business model and business environment to assist the sales teams in supporting their business, including ad hoc work, preparation of data, analysis and presentations
- Assist the business team in managing their expense budget through regular spend reporting
Key Stakeholder Management
- The FP&A Manager will work to establish good working relationships with contacts across the regions to encourage the flow of information, share knowledge and build influence. These contacts will include Regional/Corporate FP&A teams, Revenue Accounting team, Accounts Receivable and Payable, as well as senior management.
- Have excellent academic qualifications, with a degree in a numeric or business related subject preferred
- Have 5+ years core FP&A work experience
- Qualified CIMA/ACCA preferred
- Display strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Be keen, friendly, professional and have a positive attitude.
- Be able to meet stringent deadlines and work under pressure while showing excellent attention to detail.
- MS Excel skills (Excel, Word, Power Point) to intermediate level (e.g.: advanced formulas, charts and pivots).
- Knowledge of SAP and EPM (BPC) is preferred.
- Understanding and interest in the media and television industries.