Group Treasury Markets, Manager/Senior Manager
In this role you will be responsible for pricing both external funding and managing the internal funding that is provided to our different businesses, ensuring this is done in line with existing parameters and frameworks. In addition, you will liaise closely with our various Businesses and Group Treasury personnel and have a direct role in managing the short term issuance requirements, as well as help facilitate our liquidity requirements across currencies and investment options as part of the Liquid Asset Portfolio management. As part of this you will be involved in the trade/deal booking and monitoring of different types of risk within different branches/entities.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- issuance in ECP and USCP markets and assistance in our term funding (wholesale deposits, MTN, syndicated facilities and public issuance) including deal bookings, execution and stakeholder management
- management of daily investment and liquidity management including close liaison with key business units
- analysis and hedging of our required currency balances using FX products including spot, FX Swaps and Cross Currency Swaps and hedging of current Group Treasury currency positions
- pricing and hedging of funding provided to internal businesses across all currencies and tenors
- reporting and analysis of the short-term wholesale funding and Liquid Asset Portfolio covering all currencies
- monitoring and execution to ensure the appropriate liquid asset composition for our business and regulated entities to ensure compliance with Australian and international regulators
- production of daily and monthly analytics for the Group Treasury Markets team
- involvement in ad-hoc regulatory and business development for Group Treasury.
To be successful in this role you will have gained experience and meaningful exposure to financial markets and/or products (particularly derivatives) within a Bank Treasury or Markets environment. In addition, you will have strong mathematical skills and the role would appeal strongly to a highly driven, commercially oriented, outgoing individual who is interested in financial markets. The ideal candidate will also possess the following:
- high level of attention to detail and strong numeracy skills
- tertiary degree (Business, Commerce or Finance related)
- strong experience with MS Excel
- self-starter able to work independently in a challenging and fast paced environment
- able to adapt to different environments, be able to prioritise conflicting demands and make decisions.
If you are looking for a new challenge and possess the above skills, apply online today.
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate communications and investor relations.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.