Group Finance Team Accountant - Flexible Working Available
Willmott Dixon is passionate about its people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development, offering you a career of a lifetime!
As a privately-owned, family-run construction business founded in 1852, we employ over 2000 people and achieved a turnover in 2018 of £1.2 billion. We have a purpose beyond profit and are dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and the environment.
As a Sunday Times Top 100 Listed Company (4th place) and the UK's first carbon neutral construction company since 2012, we are proud to have achieved the Queen's Award for Enterprise: Sustainable Development (2016) and Promoting Opportunity (2018). We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
About the Finance Team
The Group Finance Team is responsible for providing centralised finance support to the main board and to the individual LCOs. The team comprises 50 people across Accounting, Accounts Payable, Treasury, Payroll and Sub- Contractor Payments teams. The key responsibilities of the Finance Team are
* Providing timely and accurate monthly Management Reporting
* Production of all statutory reporting including biannual Group accounts
* Tax and Compliance
* Good Partner and Works Partner payments
* Treasury and accounts receivable
About the role
This role sits within the Accounting Team responsible for servicing the Group's operating business units and central teams. It is a full time position that is being offered on a 14 month fixed term contract basis to cover the sabbatical of one of our experienced team members. The team consists of qualified and non-qualified staff responsible for the Management Accounting and Financial Accounting of the Group. The team also produces the annual report and is responsible for all timely and accurate financial and management reporting to the main Board. In additional, it acts as sponsor to a range of IT developments to improve the efficiency of reporting throughout the group. The team focuses on robust financial control whilst delivering a first class service to the business. The role will involve both management reporting and some financial reporting.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
* Develop a close working relationship with the other members of the accounting team.
* Take ownership and responsibility of all assigned tasks.
* Liaise efficiently with operating business units of the Group, communicating clearly and concisely with non-finance staff.
* Provide first class customer service to all internal customers, answering queries quickly and accurately.
* Use initiative to solve problems.
* Contribute to month end management reporting to the Board.
* Contribute to quarterly financial reporting.
* Contribute to year end audit process.
* Ensure all tasks are completed by the required deadline.
* Ensure that sensitive information remains totally confidential.
* Develop strong understanding of VAT.
* Satisfaction survey scores from the main board, executive and business unit managing directors.
* Timely production of accurate management and statutory information.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
* You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA/CIMA).
* You will have proven experience of liaising with non-finance people in senior roles.
* You will be an experienced user of Microsoft Office suite
* You will have an excellent academic record and ideally at least 1/2 years post qualification experience.
* You will have previous experience in accounting within the Construction industry.
* You will have used CODA or other similar accounting systems previously.
* Meets deadlines
* Provide support
* Proactive, uses initiative
* Strong team player
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working