Software Support Engineer - Flexible Working Available
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Software Support Engineer to join Exprodo Software, a successful software company based in Didcot, Oxfordshire that develops and sells specialist software based on our web-based database platform. Our customers are primarily universities and hospitals worldwide.
We use a custom designed block building programming language to build bespoke solutions for our customers and require somebody with some experience of programming. It doesn't matter what programming languages you have used, but understanding logic and how to break a problem down into smaller steps is essential.
Are you somebody with customer-facing skills that has done some programming and would like to do more, or are you a programmer who enjoys customer contact and would like to spend more time supporting customers directly through programming?
As a small company, this will be a varied role in which you will make a real difference to the company.
You will provide an excellent standard of customer service and help customers to understand their technical requirements.
- A good knowledge of programming (language is irrelevant, but knowledge of logic and the process of writing programs is essential)
- Must be independent, self-motivated, a team player and have a people-orientated personality
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills specific to software related issues
- Working in a small, friendly team with an opportunity to make a real difference
- Flexible hours and working environment offering a good work: life balance.
- Part time hours would be considered for the right candidate
- Be part of a growing company
- Town centre office location within walking distance of Didcot railway station
- Possibility of remote working
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter.