FP&A Manager - Flexible Working Available
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Financial Planning & Analysis Manager (FP&A Manager) to join our financial reporting and systems team. This is a full-time, permanent role that will be based in our Bristol Office.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
What you'll do
The main purpose of this role is to take responsibility and ownership for the key financial reporting, planning, forecasting and budgeting timetables and processes. The role will work closely with the Commercial Finance team to understand key performance trends and provide insightful analysis, reporting and commentary to communicate firm wide performance to senior Finance and Business stakeholders.
- Work in a fast paced environment, providing firmwide analysis and reporting for senior business and finance stakeholders
- Hold responsibility for the month end close timetable and reporting process
- Run and coordinate the annual budget and planning process, working closely with the commercial finance team and business service stakeholders as well as producing required budget packs and analysis
- Run the quarterly/monthly forecast and reporting process working closely with the commercial finance team to understand key business trends
- Support the firmwide consolidation process, including review of Practice Group and Business Services performance against budget and forecast
- Build a robust challenge and review process for Business Services heads and commercial finance team business partners in order to ensure the highest integrity of close process and financial statements
- Partner with key internal Business Service stakeholders to understand the overhead cost base and proactively working to raise visibility of overhead expenditure
- Produce the monthly Finance Report with input from the commercial teams, including production of insightful commentary and trend analysis
- Produce the quarterly and annual Partner meeting reporting slide pack and other adhoc presentations
- Continuous develop and improvement of weekly/monthly reporting and analysis against key performance KPIs
- Working in partnership with the Finance Systems Manager to ensure that core finance systems and reporting are aligned to the needs of the business and appropriate controls are in place to facilitate this
- Assist with Ad hoc reporting and projects for the Finance leadership team
What we are looking for
- The ideal candidate will hold a recognised accountancy qualification (CIMA / ACCA) with five years PQE
- Experience in an FP&A role in an international, multicurrency environment
- You will be computer literate, and have a strong knowledge of management information systems (Excel to advanced level). These tools will be utilised to make best for reporting and analytical purposes
- You should have very good attention to detail, proven client-facing and organisational skills, with experience in a professional environment
- You will be ambitious, client-focused and keen to learn. You will be a team player, able to work in a busy environment and be used to working and prioritising to strict deadlines
- You should have strong knowledge and practical experience in analytical and decision-making skills, ability to develop innovative and flexible analysis for management review
- You are pro-active and have the ability to use own initiative and lateral thinker who can spot connections from a variety of sources
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to communicate effectively at multiple levels of the organisation and manage expectations of stakeholders
- The ability to challenge constructively and provide meaningful solutions
- A reliable, flexible, enthusiastic approach and a 'can do’ attitude
- You have a collaborative style and able to build strong working relationships within finance and across the business and be able to work independently
- Legal sector experience
- Knowledge of legal practice management systems (Elite or SAP)
- Knowledge of SQL/Business Objects/PowerBI or other reporting tools
Salary and benefits
We offer competitive salaries and generous benefits.