Finance Business Partner - Flexible Working Available
We have an exciting opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our Commercial Accounting team. This is a full-time, permanent role that will be based in our Bristol office with some travel to our London and Reading offices as required.
As a Finance Business Partner you will continue to develop a financial reporting suite for financial management, profitability performance and investments, as well as help to implement a client profitability and pricing model to support the business and enhance client service.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 850 lawyers in 24 locations around the world. We have a future focussed, collaborative approach to working that enables us to help clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
- Working with the Head of Commercial Finance & Pricing to develop and maintain a Financial management information suite to support the strategic goals of Osborne Clarke
- Support in the development of financial metrics and tools to support Financial reporting, profitability growth, pricing and Innovation to maximise profitability
- Automate and simplify current financial reporting and adapt to stakeholder usage
- Deliver strong financial business partnering to UK practice groups
- Demonstrate a high level of professional expertise and insight into the commercial context of the firm
- Drive Practice Group and Sector financial performance
- Develop pricing methods and provide pitch support to the business covering tenders to clients, including alternative fee proposals and ongoing post tender review
- Develop and deliver commercial finance training across Osborne Clarke
The successful candidate will need to be qualified, with proven experience (ideally 3+ years) in leading effective teams in a complex business environment. You will also need to have:
- A highly developed understanding of business strategy, supported by accountancy, MBA or other relevant business related qualification
- Demonstrable experience in pricing
- Expertise with Excel and Financial reporting tools
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills with an ability to write insightful financial and commercial commentaries based upon sound financial management
- Strong commercial awareness with experience and ability in understanding complex and diverse business requirements
- Previous experience in a legal or professional services environment
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.