Events Executive - Flexible Working Available
We have an exciting opportunity for an Events Executive to join our Marketing & Sales team. This is a full-time, permanent opportunity that will be based in our London office with travel to our other UK offices.
Osborne Clarke is an international legal practice with over 270 Partners and more than 900 talented lawyers in 26 locations*. Our sector-based approach enables us to help our clients tackle the issues they are facing today, and prepare for the ones that they will face tomorrow. Advising them both comprehensively and commercially. We love working closely with our clients on new deals, products and solutions which will transform their businesses, markets and even sectors.
We consider our inclusive and approachable culture to be fundamental to our success. This was recognised at the Managing Partners Forum (MPF) Awards where we were awarded Best Corporate Culture 2019. In addition, Osborne Clarke ranks in the top five of RollOnFriday’s independent Firm of the Year employee survey for the last four years, scoring highly for its friendly culture and management. The firm was recognised as Bristol Law Society’s Law Firm of the Year in December 2018 and commended for its work at the FT Innovative Lawyer Awards in 2017 and 2018.
The main purpose of this role is to assist with the planning and implementation of the firm's events programme, ensuring it is in line with the firm's strategic priorities and demonstrates maximum return on investment.
- Working across a number of small and large events including conferences, seminars, webinars, breakfast meetings, private dinners and evening receptions
- Managing the events process end to end: taking the initial brief from Partners and Business Development team, advising on best practice, making suggestions on room layout and catering, creating and managing event budgets for events, working with our venue finding agency to source private dining options, proposing new event and entertainment ideas to various stake holders, booking rooms, catering, creating badges, place cards and delegate packs
- Working as part of a team to continually drive best practice and offer our internal and external clients a seamless experience of events at Osborne Clarke
- Communicating all event requirements to internal stake holders including, catering, facilities, document production and the reception team
- Creating event invites and confirmations on software Vuture, working through amendments and drafts to send to clients. Creating event lists and performing searches on CRM (client relationship management) system InterAction
- Managing events onsite, greeting guests and speakers, briefing speakers on internal audio visual equipment, ensuring that rooms and catering are set as per requirements and that the events run smoothly and managing any issues should they arise
- Supporting the Event Manager on larger events with logistics and admin, internalising processes and remaining a step ahead of what needs to be done
- Staying abreast of new venue openings, technologies and entertainment ideas, positioning yourself as an events 'expert' to colleagues in the firm
What we are looking for
- Strong events experience and enthusiasm for an in-house events role
- Confidence in interacting with colleagues at all levels, strong interpersonal skills and an outgoing nature
- Brilliant problem solving skills while still demonstrating a high level of professionalism
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise competing deadlines while managing all client expectations
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrable creative flair for food, beverage and event styling
- Good understanding of the technology used for events and confident in learning new software
- Flexible and proactive working attitude, someone who is willing to work outside of their core hours to assist with early morning or evening events
If this sounds of interest then please apply using the link provided.
*Services in India are provided by a relationship firm
At Osborne Clarke, we are known for our open and inclusive culture. We believe that by investing in the diversity and wellbeing of our people, we create an environment where everyone can thrive to be the best that they can be. This means recognising that our people have lives and commitments outside of work. We have invested in connected working for our people and, where possible, we will accommodate flexible working for all our roles.