E5 Engineer Developer - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
We're supporting the infrastructure of a number of these strategic groundbreaking initiatives through the provision of a new Workplace Engineering team.
The Workplace Engineering function is responsible for client and collaboration capability development and key to the delivery is a new modern Digital Workplace proposition for in excess of 90,000 colleagues. The function is looking for
Infrastructure Developers with varying levels of experience to assist with its development. These developers will be hands on and will be working as part of a number of engineering teams to develop and implement the components that will make up the overall proposition. They're responsible for technical change to the colleague services and strategic direction across:
- Device, Application & Data Management
- Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email)
- Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance)
- Process Automation
- Active Directory/Identity & Access Mgt
- Application & Desktop Virtualisation
- Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IoT)
Could you help them make it possible?
As one of our Workplace Engineering Infrastructure Engineers you'd act as the primary CIO point of contact for infrastructure solutions delivery for an aligned Lab, Programme or Project.
You'd then be accountable for the development of solutions to time and quality standards against the requirements of the business.
What would you be doing?
- You will transform business requirements and specifications into capabilities and explore the infrastructure delivery options, developing design ideas as you go.
- You will participate in virtual squads specifically to develop capabilities and gain advocacy for your solutions through building effective working relationships.
- It's a truly collaborative set up where you'll get to discuss solutions with domain authorities, technical subject matter experts and vendors, to agree, develop and deliver solutions.
Key Technical Skills Required for Role:
- Power Platform (PowerApps, Power Automate, PowerBI), including implementing connectors to other services (SharePoint Online, Microsoft Azure, Dynamics 365)
- Dynamics 365
- Azure Information Protection and Rights Management Services
- Office Advanced Threat Protection and Threat Intelligence
- Exposure to delivering other Office 365 capabilities, such as Yammer, Streams, Delve, Sway, To Do, Planner, etc.
We are looking for varying levels of technical experience across the following areas:
- MyAnalytics and Workplace Analytics
- SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business
- Microsoft Teams, including experience migrating to Microsoft Teams from Skype For Business/Skype for Business Online, cloud voice, app integrations
- Governance for Office 365 (SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, OneDrive for Business)
Beyond the technical elements
- Strong stakeholder management with the ability to advocate change and influence technical direction
- The ability to self-start and organise their own workload
- A working knowledge of Agile Development Methodology
- Whilst skills, knowledge and prior experience are meaningful to us we want people who are highly motivated with an inquisitive approach to work and a willingness to challenge the status quo.
- We keep our group values of Keeping it Simple, Making a Difference Together and Putting Customers First at the heart of our culture so you should be committed to similar values and combine this with a love of learning.
- We're also a people business and to support these huge technical endeavours you'll need a range of interpersonal skills and take a collaborative approach.
What will you get in return?
We'll give you stretch whilst you work on some of the largest and most fascinating Engineering projects around today. We'll also commit to furthering your skills and career in an environment that celebrates both diversity and equal opportunity.
We'd also consider flexible and agile working practices to suit you.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you have the Infrastructure experience we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you.
****This role can be based in our offices in Bristol, Edinburgh or West Yorkshire****