Chief Financial Officer - Part time
Our client, a funded online gaming start-up are looking for an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join the team at an early stage to ensure that the business grows with an appropriate level financial discipline that supports speed, planning and efficiency. The role is initially working part time 2/3 days per month but potential to move into a ongoing role.
• The candidate must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broader financial, risk and investment planning.
• Developing a financial strategy and framework that adapts and is flexible to allow the business to achieve its global opportunity for the benefit of all stakeholders is a critical component of the role.
• The goal is to grow the company’s revenues with a focus on recurring licence fees and profits to achieve full financial efficiency and sustainable growth.
Role & Responsibilities
• Drive the company’s financial planning over a 3-year horizon, considering both an investment programme and associated growth plan
• Decide on investment strategies in consultation with the Board by considering the optimal equity/debt financial structure, cash, tax and liquidity management
• Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure, working with the CEO and Board to execute
• Partner with the management team to set annual budgets that are tracked and reported monthly/quarterly
• Collaborate with the technical function to assess and ensure that our R&D product development spend generates the returns that management are expecting and targeting
• Work with the CEO to develop remuneration plans for the organisation that incentive high levels of performance and achievement of company goals
• Take a leadership role in HR across the organisation to ensure that robust policies and procedures are in place for employee success
• Prepare reliable current and forecasting reports in line with annually agreed budgets approved by the Board
• Support the CEO and NED in finalising customer and vendor contracts, ensuring a robust legal framework around IP ownership and risk management
• Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
• Proven experience as CFO, finance officer or relevant role
• Top notch financial reporting, budget planning and overall robust financial operations
• Excellent knowledge of data analysis and forecasting methods
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. Xero)
• Ability to strategise and solve problems
• Strong leadership and organisational skills
• Excellent communication and people skills
• An analytical mind, comfortable with numbers
• Qualified accountancy professional
• Experience in data science, gambling or in software sales (SaaS) preferred
• Financial planning and analysis
• Contract Negotiations
• Appreciation of data science
• Understanding of or interest in gambling