Manager - Statutory Reporting - Fixed Term Contract
At Lloyds Banking Group, we have a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper and to become the best bank for our customers. What we do makes a genuine difference to families, businesses and communities, and we're playing a central role in crafting a growing UK economy. Finance is key to that success by securing and building the financial strength and performance of the Bank.
Here in the Statutory Reporting team, we're responsible for the coordination, production and submission for c.300 of the Group's subsidiary entities.
Joining us on a Fixed term Contract, as the Manager - Statutory Reporting, you'll own the production of statutory accounts and associated matters for the Commercial Banking subsidiaries owned by the team.
What would you get involved with?
- Leading the production of statutory accounts, including handling the related resource sharing process.
- Leading legal entity matters such as dividend policy, liquidation programme and other simplification initiatives.
- Supporting business transactions, providing accounting advice and support as appropriate.
- Leading a robust control framework for all processes within remit.
- Undertaking ad hoc work and investigation arising from partner requests.
- Supporting agreed funded and unfunded projects.
- Supporting delivery of efficiencies and culture of continuous improvement.
- Supporting resource management and development of the team, including support and/or participation in resource sharing.
- Building and actively maintaining relationships with partners.
- Positively influence others by demonstrating core Lloyds Banking Group values and behaviours
- Responsible for handling and implementing robust processes aligned to business objectives
- Handle and minimise operational risks
- Establish and form relationships with partners to support the provision of quality and timely information and analysis to inform business decisions
- Demonstrate collaboration and partnership across the department to help optimise business results
- Speak up, challenge and act to help drive continuous improvement in behaviours and processes
- What skills and experience can you bring to the role?
- Professional finance qualification (or qualified by experience)
- Good understanding of relevant business systems, along with practical understanding of financial systems and processes
- Able to use and manipulate spreadsheets, produce formatted charts and use advanced formulae and pivot tables
- Customer focus in line with SLA
- Awareness of market and industry environment (commercial awareness)
- Project management skills including planning, organising and prioritisation
- Good social skills and developed presentation skills
- Ability to implement change
And in return...
It is a very exciting time to join LBG. Together we'll continue our market leading, ground breaking transformation and you'll help us realise the Group's vision to become the Best Bank for Customers. Here, you'll grow as a person and develop your career.
As well as a competitive salary, you'll receive:
- Discretionary Performance Share Award
- Generous pension contribution
- A flex benefits cash pot you can adjust to suit your lifestyle (4% on top of your basic salary)
- Private health cover
- Share schemes
- 30 days holiday plus bank holidays
In return for your expertise, you'll enjoy our total dedication to your ongoing personal and professional development. We'll help you perform at your best today, so you can fulfil all your potential in the future.
Lloyds Banking Group is committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
We've gained industry recognition including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 30 Employer for Working Families, Gold Standard 2014 from the Business Disability Forum and Top 50 Employer for Women.
So if you have the skills we're seeking and you're looking for your next step, we'd love to hear from you!