Bid Project Manager
An opportunity exists for an experienced Bid Co-ordinator to join our Bidding Team in Amey Consulting. The successful candidate will be required to provide day-to-day bid and administrative support to bid teams, providing coordination activities across a range of bids to ensure timely submission of all bid deliverables.
We are looking for someone with experience of the bidding process, public sector bid requirements (knowledge/experience of Highways England and Local Authority bidding would be a great advantage), as well as the ability to develop knowledge libraries as a source of information for future bid activity.
The Bid Coordinator is a critical role in the bid team, working closely with and acting as the conscience of the Bid Manager. You must be able to work extra hours from time to time when workload requires and you may be required to occasionally work away from home.
What will this role involve?
The successful candidate will be expected to:
- Work on bids under the guidance of a Bid Director, Principal Bid Manager and/or Bid Manager, supporting all activities required through to completion.
- Set up and manage the bid platform/site/folders to be consistent, well laid out and easy to navigate (eg in SharePoint).
- Be fully familiar with the client bid portal to include timely downloading of client documents, tender amendments and clarifications, and uploading of our submissions and clarification questions/responses.
- Manage the meeting calendar, setting up meetings as required by the bid programme.
- Analyse client requirements including compliance and scoring.
- Help to identify win themes and story boarding to shape the content of responses.
- Set up and manage the schedule of deliverables and, through the leaderboard process, track progress and identify problems; escalate to Bid Manager (or Principal Bid Manager/Bid Director as appropriate) for resolution as necessary.
- Implement and maintain document management and version control of bid documents.
- Set up and manage the tender query process during the bid and the client clarification process, post bid.
- Liaise with Work Winning Services to procure timely bid writing/proposals and graphics support for designated bids.
- Design and prepare templates, organisation charts, CVs and graphics for smaller bids to include formatting and production of final submission.
- Monitor the overall production quality of the bid as it progresses.
- Ensure that inputs from bid team members are well organised and managed in a structured way that ensures all team members understand the status and progress of all activities.
- Use tools like leader boards to help the team manage timely delivery of responses.
- Prepare high quality submission documents, checking grammatical consistency and agreed style formatting throughout.
- Manage numerous bid portals daily, identifying and downloading new opportunities for distribution to relevant people in the business, keeping track of deadlines and managing initial responses.
- Keep bidding tools such as the pipeline database up-to-date and contribute to bid reports as required.
- Ensure knowledge management is promoted in the team and knowledge tools are updated, reviewed and used efficiently and effectively.
- Capture and share examples of best practice eg case studies and bid responses, and store centrally for future use.
- Work with and help to improve our systems and processes.
- Understand the approvals and governance process.
- Provide guidance on bidding systems and processes to the wider C&R bidding community.
- Provide cover for other Bid Coordinators.
- Provide input and support for bid and bidding team workshops.
- Develop skills and experience by working alongside senior bidding professionals.
What are we looking for?
Someone who is flexible, calm under pressure, takes ownership, is adaptable and has a sense of fun.
The successful candidate will be organised and thorough, with a keen attention to detail. They will have:
- Strong time and project management skills with ability to prioritise and meet tight deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills with confidence to challenge and escalate issues through appropriate channels.
- Willingness to learn new things with a desire to continually improve.
- Commitment to see job through from start to finish.
- Willingness to tap into wider business knowledge and experience through networking.
- Confidence to lead the coordination of the bid and work with bid team members from across the business.
What makes this role unique?
- You will be part of the CRBT, the team set up in our Consulting & Rail business to drive bidding best practice and professionalism across Amey - C&R is a major growth engine for Amey.
- Our bidding community extends beyond the CRBT - you will have the opportunity to use your knowledge of best practice in bidding to coach and mentor the wider bidding community in how to deliver winning bids.
- You will be surrounded by like-minded professionals and have the opportunity to develop your career in bidding in a structured environment, with talent management and succession planning built in.
- You will have the chance to work on a wide variety of bids across a range of disciplines.