Senior Engineering Lead - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers and a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data - with a Software Engineering led approach, all as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
We're supporting the infrastructure of a number of these strategic transformational initiatives through the provision of a new Workplace Engineering team.
The Workplace Engineering fuction is responsible for client and collaboration capability development and key to the delivery is a new modern Digital Workplace proposition for in excess of 90,000 colleagues. The function is looking for Infrastructure Developers with varying levels of experience to assist with its development. These developers will be hands on and will be working as part of a number of engineering teams to develop and implement the components that will make up the overall proposition.
They're responsible for technical change to the colleague services and strategic direction across Device, Application & Data Management, Collaboration & Unified Comms (Voice, Video, SharePoint, Email), Office Engineering (Telemetry, Add On management & governance), Process Automation, Active Directory/Identity & Access Mgt, Application & Desktop Virtualisation and Cloud (SaaS, PaaS, IoT)
What we're looking for:
- The post holder will have a proven track record of delivering desktop infrastructure and experience/awareness of coding in PowerShell
- Technical knowledge of management systems including Intune, Azure, SCCM etc
- In depth knowledge of the Microsoft Environment and managed desktop including an understanding of the creation of an Evergreen environment
- Working knowledge of IT Security / Data security / Compliance standards within a financial institution.
- A working knowledge of agile would be beneficial, however technical and people leadership skills are essential to ensure successful outcomes are delivered as part of the wider squad/virtual team.
- Essential to the success of the role will be the ability to engage multiple stakeholders, to gain advocacy and cooperation to enable a successful outcome to be delivered.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Deliver a truly Digital Workplace; covering but not limited to; Developer solution; Virtual Desktop; Unified Comms; Device, Application and Data Management; Active Directory
- Select technology (tools and products) from market to fulfil strategic objectives and ownership of roadmaps and patterns
- Manage key stakeholders and enable awareness, approval and delivery of strategic objectives
Engineering relationship and activities:
Ensuring effective relationships not only across Group CIO Engineering but the entire Engineering community.
You'd also get a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
So if you possess the Infrastructure skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you...
.****This role can be based in our offices in Bristol, West Yorkshire or Edinburgh****