Engineering Support - Engineering Improvement - Flexible Working Available
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers. Our products touch the lives of millions so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper.
We're in the middle of a £3bn investment into our People, Platforms and Data as part of our strategy to become the best bank for customers. Taking a Software Engineering led approach we're rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
And it's the role of our Chief Information Office (GCIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit.
GCIO has started a journey to agile methods for the delivery of all programmes and initiatives for the Bank and bring this to life in the newly formed Engineering & Transformation function. Whilst responding to the day to day delivery pressures in the organisation Group CIO also needs to position itself to meet the future demands of the bank for cost efficient, reliable and secure infrastructure services and outstanding efficiency, effectiveness and transparency.
As part of this strategy the redesign of the Target Operating Model (TOM) includes the provision of a new team - the Group CIO Engineering, Engineering Improvement team. This team will focus on being responsible for troubleshooting high profile issues arising from either Service or Change, and subsequently delivering a successful outcome at pace. These engagements are often infrastructure-centric in nature but the team operate across the full end to end Infrastructure and Application landscape according to organisation priorities.
Could you help us make this possible?
You'll support the Engineering Improvement team working across both Group CIO and directly in Engineering & Transformation which includes the following activities:
- Establish Effective Engineering Technology Principles.
- Work with strategy on Active-Dynamic Engineering Buy Sell Hold Processes.
- Engage in End to End (cross platform) Engineering solutions as required.
- Workings in a collaborative way with other Engineers and Value Streams to ensure that programmes are delivered at pace.
Engineering relationship and activities:
- Ensuring Group CIO engineering relationship is working effectively.
- Enrich all requests and ensure the correct approach i.e. engineering improvement or tower based is applied to all work.
So what about you?
- You'll have experience in developing and supporting one technical speciality e.g. java, .Net, Node.js, or Python. Additional knowledge of Cloud, OS, database, network etc is desirable.
- Strong technical knowledge of a specific platform/technology that includes the ability to troubleshoot code and performance issues and identify and deliver improvements and performance optimisation.
- Be aware of traditional and cloud application patterns. Experience in writing Infrastructure as Code Highly Desirable (e.g. Cloud Formation / Terraform / Chef / Puppet etc.)
We'll also expect you'll have:
- Demonstrable knowledge and appreciation of how systems are integrated, combined with a working or theory based knowledge of IT Security / Data security / Compliance standards.
- A working knowledge of agile would be beneficial, however desire to continuously learn and develop to ensure successful outcomes are delivered as part of the wider squad/virtual team is essential.
What will you get in return?
Lloyds Bank is an equal opportunities employer. Female candidates and BAME applicants meeting the above criteria are warmly encouraged to apply.
As well as a competitive salary, this role offers:
- Flex cash sum
- 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- A total reward package that offers discounted lifestyle, financial and protection benefits you can tailor to suit your lifestyle
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.