BIM Coordinator - Flexible Working Available
Lend Lease Construction works in four continents, delivering ground breaking places such as London's Olympic Village, the Petronas Twin Towers in Malaysia and the Sydney Opera House.
Our reputation is founded on how we have achieved these and the many other challenging projects. Meticulous safety standards, an ongoing pursuit of improved sustainability and a creative approach to problem solving all play a part in achieving high standards and high levels of success.
And so naturally we are seeking those with the highest potential to achieve. Build your career with us.
Job Purpose and Scope:
The role is a key role within the Residential Integrated Solutions Product team supporting in all digital/BIM matters. The Digital (BIM) Coordinator will support the whole Product Team, and in particular the Digital Engineering Lead for Product, Residential - Integrated Solutions. The wider business will rely on the Digital (BIM) Coordinator to assist proactively in keeping the Residential projects and associated research activities on-track and aligned with industry and company standards.
Work will primarily involve:
- Project Delivery, particularly working with the Lendlease project teams to assist with the digital delivery of our residential portfolio on various RIBA stages.
- Project suite of documents - Creating/ updating and implementing our suite of documents to project teams ensuring they are aligned to Lendlease requirements.
- Auditing and Reviewing, end of stage submissions and interim submissions from various stakeholders ensuring that their digital deliveries are aligned with the project suite of documents.
- Lendlease Digital Warehouse, particularly maintaining, updating, creating new content, formatting and publishing when required. The Digital Warehouse is a cloud based digital library of technical information for 3d residential products in a high level of detail which provides the basis for continual improvement in the way Lendlease projects are delivered.
- Innovation, particularly the development and implementation new workflows with various software packages/ platforms.
Activities will include collaboration with other members of the central Integrated Solutions Team (MEP team, Product Specifiers, Sustainability etc.) to ensure we have a cohesive portfolio platform for design, product and implementation of digital initiatives. It will involve close interaction with the project teams (DMs, DPMs Health & Safety Teams, Cost Planners, Lendlease Construction, Infrastructure/Public Realm, ICT, Customer Services and Sales & Marketing Teams) and external design consultant teams, and collaboration with Asset Operators (Build to Rent (BtR)).
The role will require assisting with the development of project's EIR, BIM Execution Plans, protocols and procedures, training, mentoring, coaching, trouble shooting, mediation, auditing the team, reporting, reviewing and influencing the way they work and analysing the data they produce would all be part of the role. The role will also include preparation of the pre-construction brief and expectations for our internal / external main contractors to deliver on during procurement and construction phase. The role will ensure we implement our digital initiatives, including the Digital Warehouse, across our residential portfolio to a consistent base standard and incrementally improve this standard to give us an industry leading position.
It is anticipated that the Digital (BIM) Coordinator will provide focused input where required to the New Business team, to support bid submissions.
The Product, Integrated Solutions Team have the main research and development function within the residential integrated solution business. The Digital (BIM) Coordinator will be expected to support this activity both directly (via research on new technologies, hardware and software, etc.) and indirectly (via live project and new business support). As such an appetite for innovation is required.
In summary a highly rewarding role that places the successful candidate at the centre of prestigious Lendlease projects across the entire residential portfolio and within a growing Product Team that aim to be at the forefront of digital research and development within the built environment.
- BIM Suite of Documents - Producing adapting and updating EIR's, BEP's to project requirements through various RIBA stages.
- Produce and maintain Project Information Methods and Procedure/ Protocols - aligning to the projects Exchange Information Requirements for digital delivery.
- Implementing Digital Delivery - Enforce the project's digital strategy, 3D coordination workflows using specified coordination software across the project team and police it on a regular basis to ensure that the digital project is accurately and correctly clash coordinated in the right format.
- Consultants appointment - Working closely with the Digital Engineering Lead (Product) to appoint design consultants with appropriate digital obligations as part of their appointment contracts including BIM capability assessments of the potential project team.
- Main contractor appointment - Working closely with the Digital Engineering Lead (Product) to assist in the appointment of a Main contractor with appropriate BIM scopes as part of their appointment contracts including BIM capability assessment of the potential project team.
- Auditing - Regular review and audit of the digital project and prepare audit reports at various RIBA stages.
- Reporting - Regular reporting of the digital project activities to internal and external stakeholders.
- Visualisation - Managing/delivering appropriate visuals to team members to support their work including tenant presentations, internal design presentations etc
- VR - Navigate and coordinate VR models with project teams in the Lendlease Vroom.
- Design - Working closely with the respective design teams to ensure that Lendlease requirements, standards and protocols have been understood and incorporated. Interrogate the design information being developed for incorporation into the model to ensure that is robust, in the appropriate format and of expected quality.
- Safety - Support the H&S initiative through the model functionality to support safety initiatives on the project.
- Clash Prevention - Interrogation of the design models to identify clashes and produce and manage a clash register as a secondary check to the design team's clash prevention activity, reporting on the results for review and compass gate approvals.
- 5D Cost planning - Working closely with internal cost planning and estimating teams and help develop effective workflows linking model data and quantities to cost plans and estimates.
- Commercial - Creating and capturing evidence of Digital values which influence the commercial outcomes on the project. Extract data from the model to contribute directly to support monthly reporting.
- Procurement - Interface with and support the procurement team to package work scopes for inquiry including trade specific BIM scope and capability assessments etc.
- 4D planning - Interface with the Project Planner and Primavera P6 package to create virtual build of the project phases, site wide logistics etc.
- Asset Management - Work with internal as well as tenant asset management team and produce digital project outputs to smoothly link the asset management and facilities management systems where required.
- Green - Promote Digital Delivery to optimise the projects sustainability credentials
- Information Management - Liaise with the Project Document Controllers and or Information Managers to ensure that the right people get the right information at the right time.
- Digital Warehouse - Give support to the Digital Warehouse team for incorporation of agreed content, comments and continuous improvement feedback from all stakeholders. Aiding in converting the content to the latest available software versions, adding new data, updating data etc.
- Promoting implementation of the Digital Warehouse, educating design teams and addressing any related queries.
- Assisting in project audits and compliance checks against project requirements, reporting on the level of information nee. Evaluating the Digital Warehouse content to ensure required objects and solutions are used and data captured.
- R&D and contribution of innovative ideas.
- Residential Integrated Solutions team, including the Product Development Lead, and wider team
- Lendlease Integrated Solutions project teams, including Infrastructure/Public Realm
- Lendlease Health & Safety Team
- Lendlease ICT Team
- Lendlease cost planning team
- Lendlease Sales & Marketing team
- Lendlease Customer Service team
- External design consultants, public authorities and visualisation companies
- Min Degree level qualification relating to the design, construction or manufacturing/production industry.
- First-hand knowledge/experience of Revit, AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage, Synchro, and Solibri.
- Proven track record of delivering projects digitally through various RIBA stages.
- Excellent knowledge of BS EN ISO 19650 1&2, PAS 1192-3, PAS 1192-5, BG6/2018 and other relevant UK BIM standards.
- Excellent knowledge and hands on experience using Uniclass 2015.
- Experience using collaboration tools such as BIM 360, Revizto, BIM Track, BIM Collab etc.
- Experience and understanding of Dynamo for Revit.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong technical writing and reporting skills.
- Working knowledge of data, information exchange protocols and Common Data Environment tools such as Aconex, Conject BIW, etc
- Ability to work in accordance to company standards and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate a co-ordinated and methodical approach to work.
- Ability to work independently and able to manage their time effectively.
- Ability to easily learn new skills and applications.
- Ability to identify the need for change, and the ability to initiate and implement change.
- Ability to analyse complex data, draw conclusions, produce reports and make recommendations to senior management.
- Ability to build effective working relationships, with people at all levels across the organization and externally.
- Min 3 yrs experience of Digital Management on large multi-disciplinary projects
- Understanding of industrial design/production expertise with Design for Manufacture and Assembly (DfMA) in mind, and familiarity with associated software (Autodesk Inventor, Dassault Ctia, Fusion 360, etc) an advantage
- Understanding of coding, scripting and the use of Dynamo/ Python an advantage