Estimator - Flexible Working Available
2 days left
- Contract Type
Willmott Dixon Construction are looking to recruit an Estimator to join our supportive, forward thinking business based in Hitchin. In this role you will be responsible for the accurate preparation of the financial element of bids and where appropriate to produce estimates on appropriate schemes to the right net cost in a timely manner.
In return we provide to you a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, the opportunities for you to develop your career with Willmott Dixon and the training to make this happen - but most importantly a great place to work with a true family ethos that can offer you the Career of a Lifetime!
The main role of an Estimator at Willmott Dixon is to manage commercial activities with a high degree of acumen whilst identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
In doing so you will price selected trades from first principles using agreed Willmott Dixon outputs. You will also be able to produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team and complete project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM7 & NRM for agreed trades. You will be able to lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
Within the role you will be required to: -
* Undertake commercial activities with a high degree of acumen.
* Identify opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
* Identify risks and opportunities.
* Price selected trades from first principles using agreed Willmott Dixon outputs.
* Lead the supply chain enquiry process.
* Produce a detailed control document at handover to delivery team.
* Conduct your role in a way which is consistent with the company's sustainability objectives.
* Complete or manage project take-offs to the required level of detail up to the level of SMM7 & NRM for all trades.
* Constantly reinforce and deliver our customer first ethic.
* Lead and prepare the complete commercial and pricing element of a tender or cost plan.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
Technical or Operational
Proven experience of:
* Accurate pricing from first principles of identified packages.
* Understanding of various construction methods.
* Using Microsoft suite of Office programmes; inc. Excel, Word, Outlook and Project.
* Using Conquest Estimating system or similar.
* Taking off quantities up to SMM7 & NRM.
Proven experience of:
* Controlling costs, timing and quality in line with targets.
Proven Experience of:
* Reading and accurately interpreting drawings and technical specifications.
* Understanding and appropriately allocating bills of quantities.
* Understanding site requirements in respect of preliminaries.
* Reading, understanding and accurately interpreting client briefing documents.
* Identifying opportunities to add value throughout the project process.
Proven experience of:
* Playing an active role which positively contributes to a team.
* Interaction with customers and communities.
* Coordinating external supply chain resources.
Qualifications & Memberships
* Good demonstrable standard of written and spoken English.
* Good standard of mathematical ability.
* Minimum relevant level 4 qualification (HNC / NVQ4 etc).
* Appropriate CSCS card.
* Working towards MCIOB / MRICS.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
We are happy to consider flexible working.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has very recently been awarded 4th place in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.