We're committed to creating better places for everyone. We take
pride in making a difference, but also in being the difference: for
the communities we serve, whatever the challenge, whatever the
weather. By designing and consulting, building and maintaining,
managing and investing in our country's services and
infrastructures we create better places to live, work and
As one of us, you can really be you because your individuality is an asset. You're surrounded by a team of people who want you to grow and embrace new challenges. People who care about your job satisfaction as well as your well being. There'll be experiences as original as you are, in a career that can feel like many rolled into one. You'll be stretched but always supported. To bring out the better in you. To shine as a better team player or self starter. To help you commit to better each day, delivering whatever steps it takes, great or small, to create better places for
We believe that we are what we do.
It's more than just wanting to do better.
At Amey we're proud to be the better
What is the purpose of this role?
You will be part of team that is responsible for the maintenance of 36,000 highway trees within the Sheffield city boundary working on a £2 billion PFI contract. The operations you will be required to carry out include all aspects of felling and pruning works using rope access techniques and mobile elevated work platforms, tree planting and watering and also epicormic growth removal on an annual basis.
What will this role involve?
- Carrying out all aspects of arboriculture works, pruning, felling, epicormic growth removal, planting etc.
- Carry out checks on plant and equipment to comply with LOLER and PUWER
- Carry out pruning works in line with BS3998 standard
- Carry out tree planting to BS8545 standard
- Carry out site specific risk assessment
- Conduct environmental assessment before carrying out practical works
- Keep records, complete all necessary paperwork, communicate and liaise with other employees of Amey, subcontractors, the emergency services, the general public, clients and customers
- Undertake vehicle checks
- Assist in other duties which may reasonably be expected
What are we looking for?
- NPTC or Lantra qualification in the use of chainsaws
- NPTC or Lantra qualification in tree climbing and aerial rescue
- Experience or qualification in carrying out pruning operations
- HGV license would be an advantage
- Level 2 or above certificate in arboriculture desirable
- Emergency first aid at work (HSE) or Forestry first aid
- Knowledge of the wildlife and countryside act and any other relevant legislation
- Ability/qualification to operate light plant and equipment including woodchippers, stump grinders and mewps
- Awareness of customer care, dealing with the general public and customers and or their agents
- Sound working knowledge of H&S as it applies within the Arboricultural operations including required competency skills certification for task employed to undertake
What makes this role unique?
You will be involved in construction work if required, such as walling, flagging, kerbing rockeries and play areas.
You may be surprised where an Amey career can take you.
Working with us
This is our ‘People Promise’ – we create the right environment for your personal and professional growth, and help you achieve it.
Inclusion and Diversity
Are you ready?
Apply for Arborist/Climber
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly