Community Staff Nurse - Beckenham area - Flexible Working Available
Bromley Healthcare is a community interest company providing a wide range of services including community nursing services such as district nursing, health visiting to specialist nurses, as well as therapy services for children, young people and adults. Being born from NHS Bromley’s community provider unit we have been providing community services to the people of Bromley for many years and we have a wealth of experience.
Bromley Healthcare is a great place to work. The unique way we deliver services and offer everyone who works here a voice, means that your career with us will be rewarding. Social Enterprises are a fairly new and exciting way to deliver healthcare, offering many of the traditional advantages of the NHS (such as excellent training and development) with the freedom for innovation by being able to reinvest any surpluses we make into the community.
Priority consideration will be given to Bromley Healthcare staff formally identified as being at risk.
Band 5 Community Nurse
£24,214 - £30,112 per annum pro rata + HCAS £3,736 - £4,592 per annum pro rata
Would you like to work for an organisation that is progressive, innovative and provides quality care for families in Bromley? To find out what its like to work for Bromley Healthcare please view our videos on YouTube, search for Bromley healthcare and you will get a flavour of Bromley healthcare.
We are currently looking for a Community Staff Nurse to join our dynamic, friendly team who are patient focused and thrive on providing quality care.
Bromley Healthcare are currently recruiting for Band 5 Community Nurses. The teams consist of District Nurses, Community Nurses, and Healthcare Assistants & Therapists. They are a busy & dynamic team who have patient care at the heart of all they do. Our work is crucial to the community as we aim to prevent hospital care for our patients.
Please note that as a Community Nurse you will not lose clinical skills such as Picc lines/IV’s as these are skills that are very much key to being an excellent Community Nurse.
As a Community Nurse you will deal with a variety of patients in their own homes, the role will involve but is not limited to:
- Responsibility for contributing to the holistic assessment, planning, delivery and evaluation of patient care.
- Implementing, monitoring and maintaining our high standards of care.
- Re-assessing and re-evaluating programmes of care when needed.
- Supporting our in-house mentorship training scheme with placement students and staff.
- Being an active member of the team sharing best practice whenever possible.
This is a challenging but ultimately rewarding position where you will be supported both within your teams and by regular reflection & professional training.
You will need to be able to work the following shifts:
8.15am – 4.15pm
10.45am – 6.45pm
In addition you will be required to work 1 weekend in 4 and must be able to meet this requirement.
You can work additional evening & weekend shifts if you wish.
Bromley Healthcare welcomes applications from any nursing students who qualify in the next 6 months and we would be happy to employ as a HCA until Pin is received/confirmed.
Please note that Community Nursing roles are designated essential car users therefore applicants should have a current driving licence and access to a vehicle to be considered for this position.
Bromley Healthcare are always looking for experienced nursing & therapy professionals to join our bank of casual staff. We offer services in the following specialist areas: Community nursing, rehab services and paediatrics throughout the borough of Bromley and beyond. Please see the jobs page on our website for further details.
You can get a flavour for what its like to work for Bromley Healthcare by viewing the following YouTube link:
Salary is dependant on NHS experience and current banding/pay point, applicants from outside the NHS will receive the start point of the salary scale in line with NHS terms & conditions.
Excellent benefits package available including various pension schemes, discounted gym membership, cycle to work scheme, discounted electronics, opportunity to apply for low interest personal loans and an excellent lease car scheme.
All offers of new employment with Bromley Healthcare are subject to a six month probation period
Bromley Healthcare CIC is an NHS community provider and part of the NHS family.
But we are a little different; we like to think that we stand out from typical NHS organisations as Bromley Healthcare CIC is actually a co-owned social enterprise, co-owned by its employees. This means that our staff remain on NHS Agenda for Change Terms and Conditions and are members of the NHS pension scheme (providing you are eligible), if not we can offer the Nest or Scottish Widows pension schemes.
- Please ensure you check your emails regularly as this is how we will communicate with you throughout the recruitment process. We may also contact you by texting the mobile number, if provided, on the application form.
- As a guide interviews should usually take place within 3 weeks of the closing date.
- When providing employment reference details, please provide correct work related email addresses so references can be sought promptly when we are looking to progress your application. Your referee must all be known to you in a line manager or professional lead capacity.
- All staff identified as AT-RISK who meets the requirements of the post will be prioritised accordingly.
- The Trust uses the recruitment platform TRAC systems to administer all stages of the recruitment process meaning that information in regard to shortlisting will not be communicated via NHS Jobs.