Technical Lead - Cloud/Virtualisation
Lloyds Banking Group is the UK's biggest Retail, Digital and Mobile bank with over 30 million customers, so we have a big responsibility to help Britain Prosper. We're investing £3bn into our People, Platforms and Data to become the best bank for customers and rapidly transforming into a leading UK FinTech.
It's the role of our Chief Information Office (CIO) who provide the backbone and infrastructure upon which this bank of the future will sit. One area seeing incredible levels of investment is Cloud technology. We've embraced a hybrid cloud strategy - using a combination of vendors and cloud platforms allowing us to contend in a world of open banking, increased artificial intelligence and improved fraud detection. We're transforming the products and services we offer and Cloud technology supports these initiatives by letting us manipulate and access the required data in real time.
Want to know more?
As Technical Lead within our Client Infrastructure team, your role will be key in supporting over 25,000 users, consisting of Internal and Partner colleagues in both IT and business departments.
This is an exciting time to join a growing area of the business, with a predicted significant increase in user base client virtualisation and cloud based offerings in the near future.
Intrigued to hear more?
The Technical Lead is an expert in specific technology areas and the processes by which they operate. This role builds the balance of combining hands on delivery and supporting activities, with the requirement to co-ordinate small virtual teams and suppliers, in order to deliver complex pieces of work and input into solution design.
What we're looking for…
You'll be able to demonstrate the following technical capabilities in a large enterprise Virtual Workspace focused environment:
- Azure Cloud
- Citrix XenDesktop / XenApp / VADS
- PowerShell Scripting (for automation)
- Evidence of co-ordinating complex technical deliveries
Still intrigued? Here's what you'll be doing in more detail…
- You'll review, assess and feedback on technical designs provided by both architects and designers. Part of your role is to influence those designs to ensure they are operationally fit for purpose and meet IT operational and policy requirements.
- You'll lead and coordinate complex projects, developed and delivered to agreed objectives and quality standards, by providing technical leadership of virtual teams.
- You'll review and assess validation criteria at project initiation and ensure success criteria are met at each project gateway.
- You'll need to provide a technical focus point for the team, mentoring and coaching other colleagues and acting as a technical escalation point with the aim to improve overall team capability
- You'll design and implement detailed technical solutions to meet the requirements of high level designs provided by Technical Architects and Designers
- You'll also identify and implement improvements to technical processes and toolsets to improve resource and cost efficiency, and/or reduce risk
- You'll carry out technical activities in support of project delivery, service improvement and ongoing support of the platform as required
- You'll become part of an on-call rota, either providing technical break fix capability or technical co-ordination of recovery teams.
What you'll get in return?
We'll ensure you get real stretch, whilst benefitting from an environment that supports its people and creates real equal opportunities.
You'll also benefit from a package that includes:
- A base salary range of £46,269pa to £53,980pa.
- A performance share bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- Private health cover
- A 4% flex cash pot to spend on benefits (or take as cash)
- 30 Days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Generous out of hours and on call payments
- Discounted products and shopping
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We're proud of the industry recognition we have received including Stonewall Top 100 Employer, Top 50 Employer for Women and Top 30 Employer for Working Families.
We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
So if you have the background we're looking for, and we sound like your ideal environment, then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you…….