IT Operations Engineer - Security
Do you love solving complex IT security challengers? Can you guide colleagues on improving our patching process? Are you looking to join the Banking Revolution that puts customer experience before anything else? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Operations Engineer, you will support the Head of IT Operations in looking after our patching process across our data centre and cloud services. You will be responsible for making sure new applications are patched accurately, to protect the Bank and our customers from external threats.
So what will you be doing…
• Troubleshooting security vulnerabilities and delivering solutions
• Organising and overseeing patching activities
• Improving security processes and procedures
• Documenting our procedures and keeping them up to date
• Reviewing the process design documentations and challenging the team on any concerns
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Significant experience of Linux and Windows operating systems
• The ability to identify and resolve IT security threats
• A good understanding of networks, security and patch management
• You will be able to improve and automate patching processes
• Experience of Unix / Redhat Linux, including Shell scripting would be amazing