Modelling Manager - Commercial
Are you an analytical genius? Do you consider yourself to be a game changer in the world of Credit Risk? Do you want to join a Bank that focuses on providing professional development? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As the Commercial Modelling Manager, you will be heavily involved in the development of business critical statistical credit risk models (Basel, IRB, scorecards, capital, impairment, IFRS9 and AIRB models). You will also have a broad exposure to a diverse Credit Risk projects and gain experience and knowledge across a broad range of products, systems and regulations.
So what would you be doing?...
• Steering and shaping the development of business critical statistical risk models
• Supporting the developing models, the implementation of model monitoring, calibration and stress testing
• Working with various areas of the Bank to develop analytical and statistical solutions
• Building and developing great relationships with a number of key colleagues across the Bank
• Sitting on a variety of technical working groups, project boards and business engagement forums
• Championing the importance of credit risk to the wider Bank
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• Naturally, you will have experience of working as a Commercial Lead Modelling Analyst or a Manager
• You need to have previous commercial experience, ideally within a corporate or wholesale banking
• In order to exceed in this role, you will be proficient in using SAS programming tool
• You will have experience developing PD and LGD models