Service Now Lead Developer - Flexible Working Available
The world is changing. Our ambitious, new strategy will respond.
At Lloyds Banking Group (LBG), we have already built the market leader in digital banking. But we need hardworking people like you if we're to continue to innovate, collaborate and adapt to the meet the ongoing digital needs of our customers.
Could you help us make this possible?
You'll manage and assist in leading the provision of Technology Services supporting all LBGs systems and services, meeting the needs of the wider group and enabling LBG to be the best bank for customers; Providing effective and efficient support for a comprehensive and complex, high customer focused function with contribution to the strategic direction of the area. Works with multiple partners, by providing technical expertise, and supports the group in both the leading of development on the ServiceNow platform, and resolution of service related issues, ensuring appropriate technical prioritisation. Able to continually develop themselves with industry best practice methods and tooling used across their teams and ensures appropriate risk management and reporting.
Your key accountabilities will include;
- Leads the development of ServiceNow platform solutions within their assigned Squad, ensuring best practice, development standards and prioritisation are undertaken at all times
- Provides line management support to a squad of ServiceNow developers and analysts, ensuring regular performance management check ins and colleague development are a key focus
- Partners effectively with their Product Owner, building strong sustainable relationships and practices to drive improvements and achieve required outcomes
- Identifies shortcomings, then suggests and implements improvements to existing business practices
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses highly sophisticated application issues, and identifies and gains agreement to required solution
- Develops and/or delivers a plan for a specific area of responsibility by managing others.
- Sets medium term objectives and takes ownership for implement a team's performance management systems with guidance from senior colleagues.
- Uncovers emerging issues and/or needs and identifies potential causes, related issues, key partners and barriers.
- Develops and/or delivers a contingency plan for significant aspects of the risk management and/or control process.
- Identifies and evaluates complex expertise-led solutions against a range of criteria to find the ones that best meet business needs.
- Meets changing requirements by developing new testing approaches and strategy for the ServiceNow platform
- Coordinates across multiple teams to develop medium-term and/or long-term work schedules that help the organization achieve its priorities and fulfil its business plans.
So what about you?
You'll have experience in the following:
- Line Management experience
- Proven experience as a technical resource working on the development of Service-Now solutions (essential)
- Service Now Solution architecture understanding (desirable, but not essential)
- Application UI
- Process and solution integration.
- Workflow design/configuration.
- Knowledge of technical components such as LDAP, VPN, SSL technologies
What will you get in return?
We foster a culture which brings together intelligent people from diverse backgrounds who enjoy a collaborative and creative environment as well as genuine equal opportunity.
We'd also consider flexible and agile working practices to suit you.
And you'll receive a benefits package that includes:
- A performance related bonus
- Generous pension contribution
- 30 Days leave plus bank holidays
- A flexible cash pot (4% of base salary) to spend on benefits
- Private health cover
- Paid overtime and on call allowance
- Wider corporate benefits and perks
We're dedicated to giving you opportunities and support to develop you both expertly and personally to optimise your potential.
As a new colleague, you'll join us on our journey to build a 21st century bank that reflects modern Britain, and craft an inclusive culture where all colleagues feel encouraged and valued.
We're committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve, and to building an inclusive environment where all our colleagues can be themselves and succeed on merit. We support the principles of agile working and are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We're an equal opportunity employer and deeply value diversity within our organisation.
Together we make it possible.
****Pay range for this role is between £53,280pa and £72,000pa. The role can be based out of Halifax, Edinburgh or London. For London applicants the base salary will be reflected accordingly*****
So if you possess the skills we're seeking then get in touch, we'd love to hear from you!