Digital Operations & Delivery Lead - Flexible Working Available
3-6 month contract with the opportunity to become permanent - Negotiable (25-37 hours per week)
Future Anthem is the market leader in Game Data Science, using machine learning to enable our customers – games studios and casino operators – with predictions and recommendations to enhance customer experience, from Personalisation to Responsible Gambling.
We combine data, technology and Professional Services to offer Game Data Science as a Service to the global gambling industry.
Our products and solutions analyse, understand and predict how players engage with casino games, using the latest Big Data technologies coupled with our global market network and knowledge to deliver results to our clients in a transparent and speedy manner. Responsible gambling is at the heart of everything we do.
To help deliver our fast paced growth, we are seeking to recruit an experienced technical delivery leader who, in partnership with the Chief Data Officer and exciting and dynamic data science team, will manage client and product deliveries in an important phase of our journey.
Anthem’s data science function creates advanced data products which drive client value, utilising a variety of modelling and machine learning techniques. This role will take ownership of the company roadmap, both technical delivery and the process to regular evaluation, with the CDO, CEO, and sales and marketing leaders, as well as client liaison.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to work in a cutting edge data science business, with a dynamic team and extremely open culture, who are delivering at truly vast scale (data in the tens of billions of events)
Main Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage the delivery process of the data science team via Jira, and ensure progress is clearly available to the wider company
- Maintain the company roadmap to ensure consistency, and facilitate the process (with the CDO and CEO) of re-assessing it on a routine basis
- Manage the data science sprint process
- Report on technical delivery (efficiency, burndown etc.) and client delivery (tracking to deadlines, highlighting risks)
- Co-ordinate client on-boarding with internal teams and external delivery partners
- Highlight blockers to delivery within the team, and assist in the delegation of tasks
- Coach the Data Science team in efficient agile teamworking practices
Knowledge, Expertise and Qualifications
- Experience working in digital/ecommerce
- Experience of working as a delivery lead/product owner/scrum master/business analyst/project manager within an agile environment
- Track record of working externally with clients and demonstrating clear success of deployments and relationships
- Recognised scrum management/business analysis/project management qualification
- Understand tracking and prioritisation of the backlog, burndown metrics, velocity, story definition
- Experienced of issue tracking software is essential (Jira preferred)
- Experience of managing a roadmap process
- Effective at engaging highly qualified teams in a fast paced environment
- Knowledge and experience of using MS365 and other team collaboration tools advantageous
- Demonstrates sense of passion and pride about own work. Positive attitude and adapts well to change.
- Inspires passion and excitement around shared goals, promoting environment of achievement.
- Excels with clients and able to engage easily and quickly with external parties who consume our products and services
- Excellent verbal & written communication and presentation skills, with well-structured and analytical approach to reporting.
- Has rigorous attention to detail and promotes a high standards of quality.
Please include a covering note with your application