Network Security Engineer
3 days left
- Contract Type
As Discovery Inc’s portfolio continues to grow – around the world and across platforms – the Global Technology & Operations team is building media technology and IT systems that meet the world class standard for which Discovery is known. GT&O builds, implements and maintains the business systems and technology that are critical for delivering Discovery’s products, while articulating the long-term technology strategy that will enable Discovery’s growing pay-tv, digital terrestrial, free-to-air and online services to reach more audiences on more platforms.
From Amsterdam to Singapore and from satellite and broadcast operations to SAP, we are driving Discovery forward on the leading edge of technology.
Based in London, the Network Security Engineer will be responsible for working with the operations and engineering teams around the strategic, tactical, and improvement of the global network security platforms. The individual will be evaluating processes regularly to ensure expected outcomes are achieved in the most efficient way along with identifying service improvements and document those improvements. Help ensure standards and processes are followed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Effectively support all DCI network security infrastructure 24*7 by responding to and resolving all trouble tickets within the stipulated SLA time
- Clearly understand the root cause of all the network security outages and take remediation steps to prevent the recurrence of the problem
- Ability to prioritize work based on business criticalities and also be flexible to work on ad hoc tasks as assigned by the manager
- Fully understand and adhere to the team’s network security standards and procedures both in technical and functional areas
- Maintain positive relationships with all user communities, peers and the management team
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Information Systems or similar
- Previous experience in system administration in an enterprise network security production environment
- Strong skills with network protocols, standards and policies
- Strong skills with Juniper, Cisco, and Palo Alto network security platforms
- Strong skills with network access control systems (AAA, NAC)
- Understanding of load balancing, remote access, DNS, DHCP and IPAM platforms
- Process oriented leader with strong execution and follow-through skills
- Able to perform multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize self
- Strong and consistent customer service and communication skills
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong team member with self-motivation and desires to improve the infrastructure
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Minimal travel anticipated for this position
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK
- Media industry experience