Marketing and Events Coordinator, working from home.
We are currently recruiting for a Marketing and Events Co-ordinator – Full Time role 20-25K depending on experience
There is the flexibility with this role to remote work as well.
WHO WILL YOU BE WORKING FOR?
The Teaching Awards Trust is a national charity founded in 1998 by Lord David Puttnam CBE, as a means of recognising and celebrating excellence in education. We work in education through 2 main projects: The “Thank-a-Teacher” campaign which encourages young people, parents and fellow teachers to say “thank you” to a teacher who has really made a difference in their lives and the Pearson National Teaching Awards
WHAT WILL YOU BE DOING?
We are looking for an outstanding Marketing and Events co-ordinator to support the marketing activity for the Awards and the Ambassador’s programme (network for past winners) and help us deliver our prestigious events throughout the year –
This is a great role for a collaborative, ‘hands-on’ marketing and events co-ordinator looking to work on a high-profile event. Working in a small and close knit team.
- Support the delivery of an Awards marketing plan in order to generate greater engagement with the awards from UK Schools and MATs and increase overall entries
- Design and manage email marketing campaigns and manage email marketing platforms such as mailchimp
Website and Social media management
- Create and manage website content – write text, source and create images and video for all elements of the awards process (entries, winners, testimonials)
- Manage of Google Analytics to extract website metrics
- Create, plan and distribute content across social media channels, including planning and implementing paid content strategy to promote the Awards
Teaching Awards Ambassadors Programme
- Manage Teaching Awards Ambassadors online platform and database
- Work with the Director to manage all relationships with Awards sponsors and key partners
Thank a Teacher Campaign
- Support delivery of the Thank a Teacher campaign, with particular focus on the marketing campaigns throughout the year – specifically Thank a Teacher Day, and World Teachers Day
- Provide administrative support to the project manager around enquiries from the public, database management
Event Management Responsibilities
- Support the organisation of the Teaching Awards UK Ceremony and House of Commons Silver Winners Tea and other ad hoc events.
- Manage and coordinate suppliers and all event logistics (for example, set design, venue, catering, guest accommodation and travel, Manage the guest list, RSVP system and all guest communications for the event
- Possess strong experience with social media, website management and email platform models
- Able to work independently and take initiative, with minimal supervision
- Exceptional organisation and communication skills
- Flexible approach to work and positive can-do outlook
- A team player with a proactive approach to work
- Innovative and willing to take risk
- A keen interest in the education sector
HOW TO APPLY
To apply for this role, please click on the “Apply” button below.
For this role we would like a CV and cover letter outlining why you would be suitable for the role, addressed to Mary Palmer. The deadline for applications is 10th August 2020.
*PLEASE NOTE – Any direct enquiries will not be responded to until after the application deadline