Software Quality Assurance Analyst
Interviews (and Test) will be held on: 3rd or 4th August 2020
Recruitment to this vacancy approved by the Pandemic Crisis Response Team
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Quality Assurance Analyst to join L&Q at a very exciting time where we are beginning a journey to transform the way we manage information about our buildings not only to provide a better service to customers old and new, but also to demonstrate that we manage our buildings safely.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will help ensure that the solutions we adopt will support Building Information Management standards (ISO 19650) and other relevant construction data frameworks and standards and enable the information to be collected and managed across the whole lifecycle of the building (construction, in use, disposal), and for that information to be easily accessible and usable for compliance with forthcoming building safety and fire safety regulations.
We are looking for a forward thinking and innovative Software Quality Assurance Analyst; someone who is committed to delivering high quality software and also to help identify and verify 3rd party applications.
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will report directly into the Head of Quality Assurance
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will be responsible for three primary aspects:
• Supporting the agile team in identifying and verifying the acceptance criteria for all user stories (functional and non-functional) to ensure the quality of the solution before it is released.
• Ensure that L&Q IT Test Standards are adhered to, and agreed test artefacts are developed and maintainable by L&Q
• To participate in all aspects of software testing cycle– creating, promoting and executing both automated and manual testing;
The Software Quality Assurance Analyst will be involved in:
· Create and maintain sample input test data and expected results or specific user acceptance for each story. Collaborating with the other team members and business stakeholders to identify smart acceptance criteria and to identify test scenarios
· Driving a culture of automated testing of systems to capture incidents before they have a business impact. Where required, coaching the team in test automation practices and technologies, scenario and risk-based testing techniques
· Driving the improvement in the quality of the solution before it is complete by getting involved in the development of each story throughout its lifecycle.
· Execute any required manual testing scripts and automated tests. Retain evidence of all manual testing.
· Jointly identifying and agreeing the overall testing strategy for the solution with the rest of the agile team
· Managing and operating the testing environment including, builds and deployment and suitable test data.
· Monitor and report on unit test code coverage and test results
· Organise and lead reviews of the Test Incident Log: preparing any supporting evidence, help product owner prioritise fixes, updating backlog with any defects accepted to fix.
· Pair with developers as they are building code to identify and modify logic tests that will ensure the solution meets its “done” criteria
· Work with Software Engineers and DevOps Engineers to create automated test environment that is likely to cover: unit testing, data set-up, installation / deployment, test execution (of DB, Web, UI, webservice); validation of test results; and integrations with existing systems
· Work with the UAT Test Lead and the Solution Analysts and business stakeholders to support user acceptance testing
Skills and experience:
- Must have direct experience of working in a cross-functional delivery squad working with product owners, solution analysts, solution architects and software engineers
- Must have working knowledge and insights into testing best practices and implementation of unit, functional, integration, tooling and frameworks, particularly in creating and refining acceptance criteria to ensure user stories are Independent, Negotiable, Valuable, Estimable, Sized appropriately and Testable
- Direct experience of working in an agile software development environment that has applied Behaviour Driven Design and Test-Driven Development; experience of Acceptance Test Driven Development, Continuous integration and deployment is highly desirable.
- Direct involvement in assisting end-users with business acceptance test planning by helping identify business scenarios to verify that the solution meets the business requirements
- Experience of producing tenders and evaluating supplier bid responses is desirable
- Experience with Building Information Management or Asset Management is highly desirable.
- Experience of validating and verifying 3rd party software packages is highly desirable
- Understand when and how to use Exploratory testing to support the delivery of user stories
- Applying risk-based test planning techniques that prioritise the tests of features and functions based on the risk of their failure is desirable.
- Writing, executing and monitoring automation test suites using a variety of technologies for example: Selenium, Smart Bear Test Complete and SpecFlow. Use of Azure DevOps (TFS)
If you have the experience and skill set to fulfil this role, then apply without delay!
COVID 19: L&Q have a dedicated pandemic response team reacting to the current situation. The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Safe requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We value diversity in all its facets, including gender, disability, age, ethnicity, sexual orientation and identity. When it comes to finding a diverse balance for our senior positions, we have decided to address gender and ethnicity first. As such we are committed to offering an interview to at least one BAME and one female candidate for all senior leadership positions if they fulfil the role criteria.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion as a Stonewall Top 100 employer, and a Disability Confident (Committed) employer.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility.