Interviews / Tests will be held on: 6th August 2020
Recruitment to this vacancy approved by the Pandemic Crisis Response Team
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced Software Engineer to join L&Q at a very exciting time where we will invest, grow and transform our business to provide a better service to customers old and new.
We are looking for an innovative and forward-thinking Software Engineer; who will be able to help shape the future IT Landscape of L&Q; ; someone who is committed to ensuring that we write smart, simple and clean code and is passionate about producing the best results for your internal customer.
As a Software Engineer, you will report into a Principal Engineer but be aligned to agile engineering squads as required to develop and deliver new solutions and services to L&Q. The role will have a working relationship not only with architectural and engineering capability such as Solution Architects, Test Engineers, DevOps engineers, Solution Analysts but also the business stakeholders that are essentially acting as your customer.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for developing robust and reliable solutions to key IT requirements as defined in by architecture and the organisation.
The Software Engineer is responsible for:
· Developing robust and reliable solutions to defined IT requirements in line with departmental standards and procedures and the architectural framework
· Working alongside those within the product teams to help define, and set scope of sprints and projects
· Collaborate with Test Engineers to perform exploratory testing of user stories as they are being developed and ensure that completed user stories satisfy all the acceptance criteria
Skills and Experience:
- Experience of working with microservices, preferably using containerisation tools such as Docker.
- Experience of serverless application architecture such as Azure Functions, Azure Logic Apps
- Experience of working in a cross-functional delivery squad working with product owners, solution analysts, solution architects and test analysts
- Experience of working in an agile environment with at least foundational experience of digital infrastructure, continuous integration, test automation, automated software releases, configuration management and system management in a high availability cloud environment; Containerisation experience highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience of TDD, BDD and ATDD highly desirable
- Knowledge and experience using the Microsoft technology stack and associated development tools
- Awareness and understanding of key DevOps and cloud concepts including CI/CD, Iaas, PaaS and SaaS with enabled multi-disciplined, cross functional capabilities
- Experience with full lifecycle delivery with strong SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) practices and methodologies. Demonstrable successes in a modern engineering function is highly desirable
- Experience working in a medium-large IT organisation
- Awareness of MS Dynamics is desirable
- PowerShell scripting skills
If you believe you have the qualities we are after and are interested in working for an organisation that can really make a difference to people’s lives, then please apply without delay.
COVID 19: L&Q have a dedicated pandemic response team reacting to the current situation. The safety of our staff and our candidates is of the utmost importance. Every effort will be taken to ensure that safe ways of working are adopted throughout the Recruitment and Selection process. We are introducing extra precautions in line with UK Government Guidelines. Our recruitment processes will follow social distancing and COVID-19 Safe requirements. This will include the use of various technologies to support the interview process. Should candidates have any questions regarding this, or if you require additional support please let us know at the interview planning stage.
At L&Q, people are at the heart of our business and our success depends on employing the best people and getting the best from them. This is why we are committed to developing our people. It's only by investing in a well-trained and motivated workforce that we can continue to prosper and sustain business success.
In addition to our support and training, the successful candidate will have access to our full suite of benefits including 26 days holiday rising to 31 days with length of service, annual bonus subject to group performance, excellent Pension scheme, an employee assistance programme and non-contributory life assurance.
We are committed to supporting your work-life balance and recognise the changing demands and circumstances in life. Please let us know during the recruitment process if you’re interested in part time working or job sharing. In addition, should your circumstances change once you have joined L&Q, you can also request flexible working arrangements, e.g. a change to working hours - if it’s feasible then we’ll make it happen.
We are recognised externally for our commitment to inclusion. We are a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Disability Confident (Committed) employer and have signed the Time to Change Employer Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to end mental health discrimination in the workplace.
We expect all of our employees to support our environmental policy and social responsibility work. We are an employer committed to environmental and social responsibility