Resident Liaison Officer
Resident Liaison Officer
Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of people? Do you want to work for an organisation that provides affordable housing across the UK as well as caring for the elderly and supporting those who face homelessness? We are looking for a Resident Liaison Officer to play a crucial role in helping transform the lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Position: Resident Liaison Officer
Location: London - WC1H
Hours: 35 hours per week - eligibility for flexi-time working
Salary: £32,348 per annum (including the location allowance)
Benefits: Opt-in to the auto-enrolment pension scheme or enhanced rate scheme, 25 days’ holiday per year (plus bank holidays), 10% salary increase after 12 months' service, dependent on work performance, family friendly benefits providing enhanced maternity, paternity, shared parental leave and adoption, Riverside Rewards scheme and app.
Closing Date: 16th August
The difference you’ll make
As a trusted member of the small London regeneration team, you will play a key role in all resident liaison, engagement and decanting to maximise the success of the major re-investment programme in London.
By collaborating with the Tenant Engagement Manager, you will:
- Develop, implement and regularly review the resident engagement strategy.
- Work closely with the Senior Communications Officer to regularly review communication channels.
- Undertake housing needs surveys and liaise with the design team and residents on the allocation of specific properties.
- Manage the decanting process and liaise with both internal and external allocation teams and work with the Tenant Engagement Manager to support the Resident Steering Groups.
- Develop a programme and plan resident consultation events.
- Lead on processing all Home Loss and Disturbance payments to residents.
- Liaise with the housing management and repairs team on allocations of any void properties and transfer residents from over-crowded accommodation.
So, who are you?
As Resident Liaison Officer, you’ll have experience of consulting and maximising engagement with residents and management of large scale decanting programmes, with an understanding of housing regeneration.
You will bring with you:
- Planning and organisational skills to enable you to act as resident advocate within a wider project team to help achieve project objectives.
- The ability to work with limited supervision and the ability to work flexibly, set your own targets and achieve them.
- Good IT skills, particularly in MS Word and Excel.
Experience of engaging and consulting with residents to develop scheme design proposals, communication skills through a wide range of media, experience of developing resident engagement plans and knowledge of tenancy agreements and rights, would also be an advantage.
If you’re the kind of person that wants to do a really great job and make a difference to customers, you’ll love it here. Sound like a challenge you’d like to take on? Then get in touch and let’s talk about how you can help transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Applicants from all sections of the community are encouraged so that the organisation can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which it works.
You may also have experience in areas such as Housing, Social Housing, Housing Association, Resident, Resident Liaison, Community Liaison, Neighbourhood Liaison, Resident Engagement, Tenant Engagement, Tenant, Home, Housing Regeneration, Regeneration, Housing Development, Tenancy, Decanting Programmes.