Lead Information and Cyber Security Specialist
Do you love leading colleagues on best practice for information security? Can you educate colleagues on industry renowned cyber security frameworks? Are you able to transform teams to work in a secure agile environment? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
Here at Metro Bank, we take the security of our IT assets and the data of our customers extremely seriously. With a pipeline of highly complex and exciting projects underway, we are now looking to grow our Information Security and Cyber team to help guide our colleagues on these projects, so we can continue to grow in a safe and sustainable way. As a Lead Information Security and Cyber Specialist, you will provide support and oversight to change initiatives to make sure that security risk is embedded in accordance with the Bank’s risk management and information security framework.
So what would you be doing?
• Working closely with architecture, digital and other delivery colleagues to make sure security by design is imbedded across the Bank
• Supporting and advocating information security design across the Bank
• Providing guidance and assurance activities within agile change initiatives
• Defining requirements and assessing them throughout the project life cycle
• Conducting risk assessments and providing guidance on remediation activities
• Making sure appropriate security testing is completed
• Identifying and reporting on applicable security management information
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• We believe in “one in, one up” at Metro Bank, growing our own and promoting from within. That is why we are looking for YOU! An AMAZEING colleague to move into this FANtastic new role!
• Naturally you will have a wealth of experience working as an Information Security and Cyber Specialist within a complex IT environment
• The role requires you to have in-depth knowledge of best practice security frameworks such as; NIST, ISO, COBIT and CSA
• You need to be comfortable and confident in challenging colleagues on implementing the right assurances and controls across the Bank
• In order to really excel and be amazing in this role you need to understand networks, security and web applications
• We would get really excited if you could demonstrate experience with DevOps, microservices, cloud solutions, PSD2, PKI and Agile