IT Operations Engineer - Digital Specialist
Are you a Linux advocate? Do you love working with cloud technologies? Do you want to join the British Banking revolution? If yes, then we may have the role for you!
As an IT Operations Engineer, you will support the IT Operations Manager in looking after our core banking systems. You will oversee our Linux platform and deliver on projects, to help improve Metro Bank’s digital capabilities. You will support your colleagues with all third line queries, so they can continue to utilise our technologies and create fans
So what will you be doing…
• Looking after our core technologies, networking and cloud
• Supporting and maintaining Metro Bank’s digital applications
• Monitoring and troubleshooting our Linux operating server
• Documenting procedures and making sure current procedures are up to date
• Resolving all third line issues relating to our digital platforms
• Delivering key projects to help us improve our capabilities to create fans
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things…
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You need to have experience as an IT Operations Engineer, with a focus on digital technologies such as JBoss or Tomcat
• To be amazing in this role, we need you to have excellent knowledge around troubleshooting applications, and be able to Bash script
• In order to excel in this role, you will be able to demonstrate good working knowledge of cloud technologies
• We would love for you to be able to showcase an analytical approach to problem solving
• It would be wonderful if you have experience working within the financial services sector but this is not essential
Diverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that ‘normal’ office hours aren’t always doable, and while we can’t accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren’t sure if you are 100% there yet… why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!