Female Support Worker
Female Support Worker
Our client is seeking enthusiastic female Support Workers to join their supportive and growing team as a Domestic Abuse Support Worker
This post is exempt under Sch 9 Pt 1 of the Equality Act 2010 and is only open to female applicants
Location: South Derbyshire - locations are within travelling distance of Derby, Burton on Trent and Staffordshire
Salary: £17,152 - £19,374 per annum (£8.91 to £10.07 per hour) plus enhancements
Hours: 37 hours per week, full time and fixed term for 12 months. You must be willing and able to work 37 hours per week on a rota basis to meet service needs. This will include working Monday to Friday 9 am to 8 pm and some weekends 9 – 4 and bank holidays.
Closing Date: Sunday 23 August 2020
Interviews: Tuesday 1 September 2020
About the role:
Do you have current experience of working as a support worker or a similar support role within domestic abuse or trauma services? Are you aware of MARAC and Safeguarding processes?
Our client provides refuge and community based outreach support to adults and children who are experiencing domestic abuse. There are four fantastic fixed term positions available for 12 months in the South Derbyshire area.
Their services include:
- Refuge (including both communal refuge and dispersed (Individual safe accommodation) which is offered to both women and men (dispersed only) with or without children who are fleeing domestic abuse.
- Community based outreach support working with women and men living in the local community who are living with the impact of domestic abuse.
- Specialist support for children who have experienced domestic abuse (both refuge and community based support are available).
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Providing practical and emotional support to women and men who are or have experienced domestic abuse
- Working with clients to assess needs and risks and plan a package of support and risk management individual to them
- Assessing referrals for both community and refuge based services
- Supporting the delivery of group work both in refuge and local community (eg: freedom programme and confidence building programmes)
- Travelling throughout service delivery area to deliver support and attendance at multi-agency meetings and work in partnership with other agencies where required to advocate for our clients and ensure risk is managed and support needs are met (eg: social care; police; CAB; housing departments; Job Centre and Benefits agencies)
- Working with colleagues to provide a clean and welcoming environment for all accessing our services
- Ensuring records (computer based case management system) are kept up to date and accurate – basic IT skills and knowledge of IT systems are advantageous!
Our client is looking for someone who can bring their personality and caring nature to the role. Using the skills and knowledge you have already gained from working in a support role within domestic abuse services, you will have an understanding of the impact this can have on individuals and families living with or fleeing domestic abuse.
You will be empathetic and a great communicator who is able to demonstrate these skills both verbally and in writing to a wide range of people when supporting service users experiencing risk and crisis. You must be comfortable to lone work and have a commitment to maintaining the dignity and rights of the individuals and families you work with. Additionally, you will be expected to work equally well on your own initiative and as part of a team.
If you are looking for a varied and interesting role, be sure not to miss out on this rewarding opportunity!
Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you have a full driving license with un-restricted access to a vehicle and business insurance as the successful candidates will be required to regularly travel throughout the South Derbyshire area.
Here are just some of the ways that our client can reward you:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional 2 days after 5 years’ service
- Healthcare Cash Back Plan worth up to £875 per year on your routine healthcare costs e.g. Dentist, opticians etc.
- Company Pension Scheme options with contributions matched by employer and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check where applicable
- £250 for successful referral of a friend/family member
- Employee Recognition Scheme
- Great learning & development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
- Overtime available