Willmott Dixon is a privately-owned contracting and interior fit-out group with a local regional presence throughout the UK. Founded in 1852, we are family run and dedicated to leaving a positive legacy in our communities and environment. Our passion is to create spectacular outcomes for our customers in the knowledge that our projects have a huge beneficial impact for the UK's economic growth and prosperity.
We are also passionate about our people and have a real focus and drive to support their continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion is what differentiates us and has allowed us to enjoy considerable success year after year, underlined by placing 5th in the 2020 Sunday Times list of Best 100 Companies to Work For - better than any other construction company.
Add to that our numerous other awards, including three Queen's Awards for Enterprise in five years; our industry-leading approach to sustainability - we have been carbon neutral since 2012; and a strong financial position, with 100% UK turnover and no bank borrowings… we believe we truly can offer a career of a lifetime.
Willmott Dixon Sunesis is a new, innovative business which exists to positively transform construction. Embracing technology, we think differently and are developing innovative new approaches and solutions which drive the efficient design, procurement, manufacture and assembly of a new generation of products and projects.
It has been established to deliver transformative approaches to the way Willmott Dixon delivers its projects and to act as a catalyst for the modernisation of the current Tier 1 main contractor model.
We provide other parts of Willmott Dixon with design and procurement services that use pre-designed repeatable components, aggregated-demand procurement and a strong Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DfMA) ethos. Our mission is to create solutions to enable Willmott Dixon to 'design, price, plan and procure in a day'.
To support this exciting initiative, we are looking to recruit an Architectural Technologist to provide digital design authoring and technical support to develop, implement, and successfully deliver the digital construction aspects of the Willmott Dixon Sunesis offer. You will need to proficient in the use of Revit and will ideally have experience of working on residential projects and either school or care home projects. Any experience of working on Passivhaus schemes would be beneficial.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake the detailed modelling of pre-designed components (families, groups, sub-assemblies and 2D/3D detailing) for the Willmott Dixon Sunesis platform.
- Ensure designs meet all statutory, regulatory and company policy approvals, and are compliant with Willmott Dixon Sunesis standards.
Assist the Digital Manager with development of the Willmott Dixon Sunesis Modelling Protocol.
Provide technical support to the development of the Willmott Dixon Sunesis platform.
Work with Willmott Dixon Sunesis colleagues, supply chain and external designers to implement P-DfMA principles into the Willmott Dixon Sunesis platform.
Support Willmott Dixon's sustainability objectives, including net zero carbon in use and reduction in the embodied carbon of our buildings.
Assist the Digital Manager in the development of a Digital Implementation Plan for Willmott Dixon Sunesis.
Assist in the creation and implementation of approaches to deliver the Willmott Dixon Sunesis "design & procure in a day" vision.
Provide technical support on 4D and 5D implementation.
- Promote the Willmott Dixon Sunesis brand both internally and externally
Assist in the creation of winning PQQs/ tenders and support the Willmott Dixon Sunesis team throughout the process.
Take responsibility for the accuracy of information contained with the global component, detailing and specification libraries
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Designing in authoring packages, good experience with Revit is essential.
- Understanding of the design and construction process
- Designing in accordance with UK Building Regulations.
- Ability to communicate new initiatives and achieve acceptable
- Degree qualified in Architectural Technology or equivalent.
- Effective, clear and absorb-able communication.
- Working collaboratively in a team.
- Full membership of CIAT.
- Building strong internal and external relationships.
You will be able to:
- recognise your own strengths and limitations, play to your strengths and use strategies to minimise the impact of your limitations
- reflect regularly on your own experiences and performance, and constantly seek to improve
- model behaviour that shows respect, helpfulness and co-operation
- consider the impact of your own actions on others
- respond positively and with resilience to setbacks
- understand people's needs and motivations and adapt your personal style accordingly.
You will be able to:
- recognise when there are conflicts, acknowledge the feelings and views of all parties, and redirect people's energy towards a common goal
- make best use of available resources and seek new sources of support when necessary
- state your own position and views clearly and confidently in conflict situations
- share, and encourage others to share, information and knowledge
- recognise the importance of relationships and build these across the organisation
- understand and address stakeholders' needs
- identify your customers' needs and expectations and strive to deliver them.
You will be able to:
- prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
- present plans clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that ensure understanding · constructively challenge the status quo and seek better alternatives
- recognise changes in circumstances promptly and adjust plans and activities accordingly
- take personal responsibility for making things happen
- find practical ways to overcome barriers
- manage multiple demands without losing focus or energy.
Willmott Dixon embraces diversity in the workplace.
Flexible working will be considered.
Willmott Dixon is one of the largest privately owned Construction businesses in the UK. Our unique selling point is our people. We are passionate about people, with a real focus and drive around continuous development. We strongly believe that this passion has allowed us the success we have enjoyed in recent years. Above everything else you will be joining a values based business: our values are at the centre of every activity we undertake. Having the right talent, coupled with the right culture and values, ensures that we have a sustained future and a trusted brand in our respective markets.
Willmott Dixon has recently been awarded 5thplace in the Sunday Times Best Companies Top 100 to work for and is the first major contractor and developer to win a Queen's Award for Enterprise in the category of sustainable development. We have also been recognised for outstanding investment in communities with a CommunityMark from Business in the Community.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.