Are you an expert on everything Financial Crime? Do you put customer safety at the heart of everything you do? Can you lead a growing, fast paced Financial Crime function? If yes, then we have the role for you!
As Deputy MLRO it will be your role to keep Metro Bank and all our customers safe. You will work with our Chief Risk Officer to help ensure that a robust Anti Money Laundering (AML) framework is in place, ensuring we remain compliant with all FCA and industry standards.
So what would you be doing?...
• Supporting the CRO in performing MLRO-related duties, including those delegated formally
• Acting as the Bank’s lead AML/CTF subject-matter expert and drive increased technical knowledge and expertise in Financial Crime
• Leading the collation and submission of external Financial Crime returns; and the collation and drafting of internal Financial Crime reporting, including reports to the Financial Crime Steering Group, Executive Risk Committee, Risk Oversight Committee of the Board and the CRO Board report
• Overseeing and evolve the existing Financial Crime Control Framework across both 1st and 2nd lines of Defence to ensure it keeps pace with growth in the Bank
• Responsible for developing and implementing policies and procedures, and reviewing and approving high risk accounts
• Leading interaction with external parties (including regulators and FIUs on Financial Crime matters)
You need to be this kind of person…
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of service and convenience for customers
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Prepared to stick at something – we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You must have strong Financial Crime subject matter expertise across AML, CTF, sanctions, market abuse and fraud
• You need to have experience of leading and supporting Financial Crime activities across both 1st and 2nd lines of defence
• You will have experience of interacting with regulatory authorities’ Financial Crime specialists
• You need to have demonstrable experience of leading best practice in Customer Due Diligence (CDD) and sanctions monitoring, customer risk assessment, and high risk customer case reviews
• In order to exceed in the role you will have experience of working in or helping to grow a financial crime function in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving banking environment
• Ideally, you will have multi-sector experience in Retail/SME banking, principally covering personal, business and commercial customers
• You need to have at least 5 years’ experience in a senior role in Financial Crime/AML
• You must have good knowledge of JMLSG, FCA, EU, FATF, UK Bribery Act and any other applicable legislation/rules relating to Financial Crime