ESG Research & Voting Analyst - Flexible Working Available
Nest exists to help millions of people enjoy a better life in retirement. With one in three workers saving with Nest and over 12 billion invested on behalf of the UK workforce, Nest is one of the largest pension schemes in the UK.
Nest is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage applicants from all the nine protected characteristics. Please note that we continue to recruit and onboard in this period.
Your new role
From December 2019, all the Nest Investment team and the Investment Operations team were seconded into Nest Invest Ltd (NI), the investment subsidiary of Nest Corporation.
Nest Invest Ltd is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA). For the role holder, this means working in a regulated entity, and being required to adhere to certain rules and behaviours included in the FCA’s Code of Conduct (COCON), specifically the individual Conduct Rules defined by the FCA.
The Responsible Investment (RI) team is a small team that sits within the in-house investment team. Its primary purpose is to develop and manage the scheme’s approach to ESG and stewardship and formulate recommendations on policy and investment strategy that will benefit and enhance the investment approach.
The in-house investment team is likely to grow significantly over the coming years. Our assets under management are growing exponentially and we are predicted to be one of the biggest pension schemes in the UK in the next 10 years. Nest is diversifying its asset allocation at pace and is investing in several new exciting and sophisticated asset classes.
The successful candidate will report to the Senior Responsible Investment Manager and will work closely with the members of the RI team and wider investment team. The role is needed to assist with the increasing workload of the RI team as our assets grow and our voting and engagement activities increase.
What you’ll need to succeed
- You will need to show us you’ve got at least a basic understanding of the processes and operations in the financial services industry and a strong interest in sustainability issues. .
- You will need to be a strong team player with enthusiasm for working in a challenging and busy environment and wider Responsible Investment industry.
What you’ll get in return
- £32,000 base salary- permanent role.
- You will be working with a truly flexible employer offering a real work life balance, and who has fully embraced working from home culture during lockdown.
- You will have your birthday and Christmas Eve as an additional bonus to the already fantastic holiday allowance. and of course, a generous pension contribution.
What you need to do now
Please complete your application on our website
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd October